Function as the key technical resource for plant engineering and maintenance personnel by providing significant engineering and maintenance experience and knowledge, while proactively and creatively seeking out, identifying, implementing and documenting cost savings, while creating and sustaining favorable customer relations and collaborative working relationships especially with and between customer maintenance staff and selected suppliers and identifying such supplier resources for maximum customer benefit. The employee must be able to interact with multiple layers and diverse responsibility groups with the customer and SDI environments. This role will directly report to the MRO Technical Services Manager.
- Act as sole technical liaison for plant operations, maintenance and vendors by providing assistance in identifying opportunities to improve equipment performance and reliability while providing total project management and acting as a liaison between the plant maintenance or engineering staff and outside vendors.
- Contribute to the development of projects to maintain infrastructure and improve reliability strategies.
- Interact with customer maintenance staff and other materials users to identify and develop effective cost saving measures. Identify and document cost savings and facilitate presentation and approval by the customer.
- Develop preventive maintenance programs and identify and optimize spare parts required to support those activities.
- Develop basic opportunity identification; facilities and process modifications; repair and warranty determination of electrical and mechanical components; interfacing with OEM service repairmen; reverse engineering of parts and assemblies.
- Attend formal maintenance/engineering meetings and help provide ideas and resources to solve issues that are limiting production as well as informal interacting with maintenance, engineering, and process operators on a daily basis on the plant floor.
- Identify, manage, and develop suppliers that will be used at the plant including develops outside suppliers for purchasing, repair, and re-engineering of OEM spare parts in accordance with corporate and site quality policies, directions, and goals as defined.
- Identifies and develops effective documentation to measure and analyze inventory levels, lists of materials, purchased parts, equipment and miscellaneous items required to support manufacturing process and production.
- Analyzes customer data, reviews engineering drawings/blue prints to estimate quantity and type of materials, parts and other items.
- Works directly with customer concerning technical issues and ensuring customer relations are maintained and objectives are established and accomplished.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
- A minimum 5 to 10 years of progressive work related experience in the areas of maintenance in a major manufacturing environment, demonstrating a degree of managerial and/or engineering ability.
- Experience with Continuous Improvement tools such as Lean Six Sigma and have systems understanding to provide root cause analysis and alternative solutions.
- Strong interpersonal as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and proven project management experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents (safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions).
- Experience in Machine Design and Build or Job Shop environment is a plus.
- Understanding of indirect materials, purchasing and inventory management, and calibration techniques and requirements is a plus.
- Microsoft Office experience.
- Proven experience in making sound business decisions to drive SDI business through client success.