Engineer and Project Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
This is a hands-on, full-time position with day-to-day duties that include planning, designing, and evaluating engineering projects, including creating budgets, assessing subscriber potential, and projecting profitability. Provide contract and project supervision including, developing schedules, preparing plans and specifications, bid processes, contracts, material requirements, contractors, and closeouts. Update and maintain the plant data and mapping system and identify and provide means to make these systems more efficient and effective for our employees.
Essential Duties and Major Responsibilities:
- Establishes and maintains a project schedule, prepares the contract, plans, and lists specifications for any drawings, staking sheets, or other data needed to communicate the desired product to contractors.
- Manages entire bid process from notifications, pre-bid meetings, and bid openings, performs bid analysis and recommends the CEO.
- Works closely with the outside plant manager and inspectors to ensure contractors deliver a quality project, adhering to the project requirements, plans and specifications, and the agreed upon schedule.
- Ensures invoices reflect accurate tabulations, provides periodic budget updates, confirms the project area is cleaned up, and prepares/submits closeout documents to accounting for final review, approval, and filing.
- Perform or have someone perform detailed staking.
- Create staking sheets from field data. Prepare a fiber assignment plan for the project. Identify equipment requirements for a project. Develop project budget using the map wise data. Establish a project budget and material requirements.
- Updates and maintains accurate plant data records in Mapwise and Company accounting systems. Identify and implement ways to create more operational efficiency with our map wise product. Train others in using our Mapwise product as it pertains to their duties and/or needs.
- Identify potential projects and deliver project recommendations to CEO based on careful analysis of customer potential and potential profitability.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent required.
- 5+ years of Networking Engineering experience required.
- 2+ Project management support, using MS Project or similar tool.
- Strong math skills and must have exceptional ability to solve complex problems and demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Proficient knowledge using ESRI based mapping system, such as NISC MapWise software a plus.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressMedicine Lodge, KS
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?