Quality Control & Finishing Supervisor - 2nd Shift
- Expired: November 21, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Shift Hours: M-F 2:30pm-11:00pm
Ensure all products are actively checked for quality as they are produced, counted accurately, packaged cleanly, organized correctly, and consistently accounted for.
- Actively oversee QC on higher revenue/more complex jobs
- Provide ongoing training and support to QC staff
- Cover for any absent team members
- Mark all jobs completed daily in Shopworks
- Perform quality control of screen-printed garments as they come out of the dryer
- Flat stack garments for machine operators in organized fashion while they are setting up the press
- Request approved sample from press operators on each job and keep that sample at your table to compare each shirt to as they come off the dryer
- Determine quality issues with screen printed garments as they are printed and communicate to press operator any concern right away
- Report/Document any spoilage on the work ticket and communicate that spoilage to the appropriate person based on work ticket notes right away
- Ensure garments match the purchase order by style, color, and size as they come off the press and report any discrepancies right away
- Package orders into bags or boxes for shipment in neat and organized fashion
- Organize shipments into drop ship locations or appropriate departments as needed according to work order or verbal instructions
- Perform any maintenance or cleaning duties requested by Production Manager
- Assist in any other departments as needed
- Ensure clients receive high quality, accurately counted orders
- Ensure QC team is regularly counting and confirming all product is accounted for
- Training team to maintain speed of production
- Keep a clean and efficient work area at all times
- Create and assign productive tasks for QC when machines are not running (eg: cleaning, folding, etc.)
- Double check paperwork, labels, and notes are completed correctly
- Reports any printers with consistent quality issues or communication issues to Management
- If absent, assigns another QC tech to step in on out of office days for work as lead
- Main communication with QC issues from Shipping or Web
- Makes sure work area is left clean and organized at end of shift
- Ensures all boxes and shipments are placed in an organized fashion
- Coordinate shipment of individually folded garments for webstore to the remote warehouse
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Additionally, while performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to warm or cold weather. The noise level in the work environment is often loud.
- Daily computer skills such as write emails, create and enter data in spreadsheets, launch and troubleshoot software
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time; work in and around a variety of industrial machinery and presses; bend over, squat, or climb.
- Able to frequently move and lift up to 40 lbs when necessary
- Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Good hand eye coordination
- Excellent vision including ability to adjust focus, close vision, distant vision, color awareness, and attention to small details.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to effectively listen and follow instructions.
- Solid problem solving skills
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in common units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Desire to create quality products
- Must comply with any company policy of wearing personal protective equipment such as hearing protection, gloves, safety glasses, etc. where required
- Must be available to work hours and days as needed based on changing schedule demands, including overtime. Schedules and shifts may change throughout the year. Schedule requirements may include working days, afternoons, nights, 1st shift, 2nd shift, or weekends as needed.
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Degree)
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. The employee will be expected to perform other duties as needed.
Benefits Offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Paid Maternity Leave, Paid Paternity Leave, Long term, & Short term disability.
Here at SCP, we have a set of core values that are the driving force behind everything we do. By embracing these core values, you are helping yourself and the company become more successful. Core Values: Ambition, Flexibility & Adaptability, Positive Energy, Team Player, Innovative, Dedication, & Communication.
Stevie Hopkins, CEO personal motto, "Love life," led him to build the world's largest vertically integrated independent merchandise business in the world. Stevie's mission to be wildly independent and relentlessly creative, guided his business growth and is the reason that SCP became what it is today.
When Stevie was in college, him & his sister Annie began printing disability advocacy shirts that featured Annie's creation, the wheelchair heart symbol. The symbol was a huge hit within the disability community. They never imagined that this side project would lead them to create 3E Love in 2007, the largest disability advocacy brand in the world.
After Annie tragically passed away in 2009, Stevie carried on her legacy by continuing his work with 3E Love. This eventually led to the birth of SCP.
Your full-service creative collaborator
We are SCP!
ManufacturingView all jobs at SCP
Get fresh Finishing Operator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.