Warehouse Worker / Forge
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
WAREHOUSE WORKER (cross train in Forge Dept)
2nd Shift: Monday - Friday 1:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Scot Forge is a 100% employee-owned company that manufactures custom open die and rolled ring forgings. We've worked hard to develop a culture of mutual trust, respect, and accountability. Known as a great place to work for generations, many employees have spent their entire careers at Scot Forge.
We are looking for "Entry Level" candidates to join our Forge/Warehouse Team. Successful candidates will receive a comprehensive training program with opportunities to advance, develop skills and experience in forging. This is hot, heavy, dirty work that will challenge you - but will also reward you with great pay, benefits, and stability.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work from shop orders, packing slips, bills of lading, material transfer sheets and instructions from leadership.
- Work in shipping yard locating steel and metal ingots.
- Weigh, load and accurately record all scrap material transfers. Use crane to move large items.
- Perform safety check on chains, cranes and forklifts and follow SafeStart Principles.
- Receive, verify, stage and stock all incoming material.
- Use forklift, overhead cranes, side loader, measuring tools, hand tools, computer, and material scales.
- Re-rack unused material according to designated guidelines, calculate material dimensions and weights if necessary and record transfer.
- Weigh and measure material to verify dimensions, assign material identification for the inventory control system and store in appropriate location.
- Pull material requested and deliver to internal customers.
- Actively participate in efforts to establish and promote a safe and healthy work environment for the department. Follow policies, programs, and procedures for the reduction and elimination of industrial accidents provide quality feedback to promote safer work behaviors and conditions.
- Initiate accident / incident investigations when necessary and inform Safety Director and Plant Manager of any accidents or equipment damage that occurs.
- Work in cooperation with all fellow employee owners to sustain a strong team atmosphere
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and ability to accurately document inventory
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Proficient in shop math (measuring and converting metrics, decimals…)
- Ability to read a tape measure and interpret blueprints.
- Must be capable of performing a wide variety of tasks and willing to learn on the fly.
- Must be capable of following verbal as well as written instructions.
- Previous experience with heavy equipment operation.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Will be exposed to varying temperatures during summer and winter months.
- Frequent lifting up to 65 lbs.
- Climbing, overhead lifting, standing for long periods of time.
We have grown to become a leader in the open-die forging industry by rewarding our most valuable resource... the employee-owners!
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Incentive bonus
- Medical/Vision/ Dental
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Short & Long-term disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer: M/F/Disabled/Vets encouraged to apply.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform a hair follicle pre-employment substance abuse test.
SCOT FORGEClinton, WI
Transportation and Storage
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.