Test Saw Operator - Production / Manufacturing
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Are you looking to grow your career? Would you like a secure long term future? Are you a hands on person? Would you like to fabricate parts that change the world? Do you like working in manufacturing? Are you mechanical ? Do you have experience in metal fabrication or band saws?
PREMIER COMPANY - WEEKLY PAYCHECKS - AWESOME BENEFITS - CAREER GROWTH
- 2nd Shift, 4 pm – 4 am
- We offer a 10% shift premium
Scot Forge is 100% employee-owned company that manufactures custom open die and rolled ring forgings for demanding applications all over the world.
We offer you:
- WEEKLY PAYCHECKS
- SUPERIOR BENEFITS
- COMPANY WIDE PROFIT-SHARING BONUS PLAN
- ESOP - EMPLOYEE STOCK OWNWERSHIP PLAN (A QUALIFIED RETIREMENT PLAN)
- Operate saw, verify dimensions of material before and throughout the cutting process, adjust machine stops, feeds and speeds as necessary to conform to specifications and given tolerances throughout the cutting process. Determine what saw blade to use.
- Load material into machine utilizing overhead crane and secure to ensure safe operation.
- Remove and segregate scrap according to standard procedures.
- Review shop order, including previous and subsequent operations, understanding the impact test removal on other operations including: prolong location, testing requirements, etc. Use production process knowledge to determine grain flow and Charpy notch orientation.
- Read and decipher complex test drawings to get all test specimens without cutting into other test specimens. Must have the ability to visual process in 3d to minimize saw time and maximize remnant material.
- This is a position that requires a high attention to detail with the respect that the pieces being tested are to certify parts that if cut incorrectly have the potential to jeopardize safety and well being.
- Having a high regard of accountability and integrity knowing that the correct specimen(s) is being supplied when done with the task that is being performed.
- Complete necessary inspection and quality reports using measurement equipment maintaining tolerances and inspection of own work.
- Follow all safety rules including wearing all mandatory PPE and keep work area in clean condition.
- Frequent lifting up to 65 lbs.
A few of our amazing benefits include…
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Company provided Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Plan
- 401K and Roth Plan
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Short and Long term disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Use of common inspection tools (calipers, tape measure, etc.)
- Blueprint reading
- Forklift Operation
- Preventative Maintenance
- Shop math and computer skills
- Hand tools
- Prior experience preferred
- Crane rigging and operation experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
Scot Forge is a 130 year-old, 100% employee-owned company that manufactures custom open die and rolled ring forgings. At Scot Forge, we help our customers with forged solutions from the world's physical infrastructure, energy, and transportation to manufacturing, mining, and our national defense. From the wheels of NASA’s Curiosity Mars Rover to mission critical components for nuclear submarines, to large hydraulic cylinders for the largest mining trucks on the planet, Scot Forge creates the precision forged metal parts used in demanding applications all over the world.
Helpful experience includes metal fabrication, forging, casting, maintenance, machine operator, material handling, measurements, working with overhead cranes, foundry, forge, manufacturing, band saw, hand tools, production, heat treat /furnace, heavy equipment operator, construction, carpentry, CNC Machinist, factory, working with gauges, grinding, sanding, trimming, forklift, farm work, etc.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer: M/F/Disabled/Vets encouraged to apply.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform hair follicle pre-employment drug testing.
SCOT FORGESpring Grove, IL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.