- Posted: over a month ago
Salt Creek Midstream (SCM) is a greenfield midstream company built to provide a full suite of midstream services and downstream solutions to producers in the Delaware Basin. SCM leverages fundamental and intra-basin knowledge to optimize the value of producer resources, reduce bottlenecks and deliver higher netbacks to the producer.
Position Description – Cryogenic Gas Plant Operator
Summary: A Plant/Process Operator will act with minimal supervision to perform tasks required for efficient operation of all functions of a cryogenic gas processing plant, including cryogenic plant, stabilizer unit, amine treating plant, glycol and mole-sieve dehydration systems, tank farm, utilities, engines/compressors, centrifugal pumps.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Execute startup, shutdown and operation of the gas plant that includes cryogenic gas processing units, amine units and stabilization unit, which includes compression, heaters, coolers, fans, pumps, instrumentation, valves, alarms, turbo expanders, dehydration systems, pressure relief systems, gas fired heaters, fuel systems, emergency shutdowns systems, truck loading and other equipment / controls.
- Adjust controls to optimize processing through facility by maintaining proper product specifications.
- Respond to alarms and problems within the plant and takes corrective measures.
- Monitor and control pressures, temperatures, flow rates, and levels to efficiently achieve desired operating results and ensure proper operation of equipment under current process conditions such as Start/Stop/Rate adjustment of equipment.
- Generate daily operation reports including daily production reports and shift reports that include NGL and gas volumes, flare volumes, pig liquid volumes, trucked volumes, and any downtime and/or curtailments within the reporting period.
- Work with management to maximize production and efficiency to meet the needs of our customer base increasing flows and production rates.
- Communicate with partnership control centers, business groups, and other operating groups, as necessary.
- Visually inspect equipment and controls at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment, or lubrication.
- Implement safe work practices and participate in proactive safety culture while ensuring safety for the employee, public and environment, always.
- Maintain and adhere to required trainings, policies, and procedures.
- Comply with, operate under and participate in the plant Process Safety Management (PSM) program and understand and follow the 14 elements of PSM.
- Required to pass all PSM-required operator certifications.
- Helps to ensures the cost effectiveness and efficiency of the facility.
- Maintain sites in a clean condition including picking up/taking out trash, control weeds and grassy areas, minor painting/labeling, etc.
- Have basic computer skills including spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- Ability to read and comprehend P&ID and PFD drawings.
- Other duties may include safety inspections, write hot work permits, general work permits, bypass permits, lab testing and other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the manager.
Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of a high school degree or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
- 3-5 years previous operations experience in a gas processing plant is preferred.
- General knowledge of the operation, control, and general design of various kinds of systems typically present in a gas processing plant is required.
- Basic computer skills such as: opening, creating, and updating content in MS Word documents and Excel spreadsheets is required.
- Follows company policies, practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Available to work shift 7/7, 12 hour rotating schedule.
- Great verbal and written communications skills.
- Propensity for customer orientation.
- Ability to effectively present information in a one-on-one and small group situation to other employees of the company and outside contractors.
- The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, such as, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions is required.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out day-to-day operation issues.
- Ability to make quick and reasonable decisions in occasionally demanding or high pressure environments.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid state driver operating license with insurable driving record under company insurance policy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Uses physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment/tools.
- Climbs and works at various heights. May work in a standing, sitting, lying down, crouched, or kneeling position.
- Routinely reacts to visual, aural, and other signals, including alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect work.
- Regularly bends, stoops, moves from ground level to higher levels, raises/lifts from ground level a load up to 50 lbs., manually transports a load up to 75 lbs., and applies up to 150-foot pounds of torque.
- Regularly gets into and out of vehicles and rides over rough roads.
- Walks an average of 5 miles per day, up to 7 miles per day.
- Candidates subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing requirements,
- Subject to overtime and callouts.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works indoors and outdoors, in and around mechanical, industrial, and electrical equipment.
- Required to climb about equipment and work in confined areas (i.e., tanks, between compressors, vessels).
- May be subject to work in hazardous conditions including hydrocarbon vapor, adverse weather conditions, and extreme temperatures.
- Wears safety equipment as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, disability, or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
SCM Operations LLC
ManufacturingView all jobs at SCM Operations LLC