Project Engineer - Civil - Gunnison
- Medical , Paid Time Off , Retirement
SCJ Alliance is a 100% employee-owned company with the mission to serve our clients, communities, and each other with creativity, knowledge, insight, and perspective. With great projects and a fun-loving team, our firm has been named as both one of the nation’s fastest growing and best places to work in recent years. With seven offices across Washington state, and one in Colorado, we specialize in civil engineering, transportation planning & design, environmental & urban planning, landscape architecture & design, and public outreach. Our mantra “Anticipate. Envision. Create” captures our work environment and project approach.
Position Summary: We are seeking an energetic and skilled Project Engineer as we develop and execute a wide variety of projects. The ideal candidate will demonstrate independence and initiative and be able to move tasks forward with oversight from our project managers. Typical projects may include:
- Multifamily Residential
- Retail and Commercial
- K-12 and Higher Education
- Industrial Development
- Stormwater Design
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (The intent of this list is to provide information regarding the types of duties of the position, but it is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.)
- Project Management
- Assist project manager in planning and completing projects with diverse designs – outline objectives, requirements and design approaches
- Track project budgets and hours on a weekly basis
- Analyze project profitability
- Ensure accurate deliverables are completed on a timely basis
- Attend meetings with the project manager and client
- Client Expectations
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate options when project challenges arise
- Represent the company in project meetings
- Develop lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client loyalty
- Design-Related Duties
- Prepare conceptual and final design concepts
- Complete construction documents using Civil 3D standards. Capable in Civil 3D grading, pipe networks and corridors
- Provide oversight and direction to technical staff
- Prepare stormwater drainage reports
- Ensure QA/QC process is followed.
- Move project through permitting phases (Entitlements, SEPA, Construction Documents and Construction Completion).
- Coordinate reviews with permitting authorities.
- Negotiate / troubleshoot permitting requirements.
- Provide anticipated permitting timelines to project manager.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DUTIES
- Work with principals and project managers to seek new clients/projects – in working with potential or existing clients, listen for and seek out new projects that may exist or are being formulated
- Identify add-on opportunities as they relate to a specific project
- Continually seek opportunities to increase client satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Build a knowledge base of each client’s business, organization and objectives
- Participate in the development of proposals for new projects
- Participate in interviews and presentations as needed
- Communicate opportunities – share potential new business or resource information, competitive situations or technology/regulatory factors to appropriate company personnel
- Effectively communicate information in both written and verbal forms
- Resolve issues or request assistance in achieving resolution in a timely
Education, Experience, Desired Qualifications:
- Requires bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or equivalent
- PE license required
- Experience and proficiency in civil design and permitting
- 5+ years of progressively responsible civil engineering experience
- Requires AutoCAD and/or Civil 3D experience
- Knowledge of MGSFlood and Autodesk SSA preferred
What you get while working at SCJ:
- An unbeatable culture: An autonomous and collaborative work environment, exceptional operational support, creative and supportive co-workers, and a compassionate leadership team. Plus other fun stuff including firmwide Zoom parties, mugshots, gold-medal virtual baking classes, virtual fitness challenges, Zoom trivia…and a variety of other creative ways we have found to come together and hang out.
- Quality projects: We pursue work that improves communities, challenges us, and makes a difference.
- Community involvement opportunities and a charitable matching program.
- Paid time off: paid vacation / sick time, paid holidays and a floating holiday
- Retirement benefits: 401(k) plan & employee stock ownership plan (ESOP).
- Health, disability, and other insurance plan options to fit your needs. Including HSA & FSA
SCJ AllianceCrested Butte, CO
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.