FIELD OPERATIONS SUPPORT ASSISTANT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
FIELD OPERATIONS SUPPORT ASSISTANT
SCI is certified as a Great Place to Work® by the Great Place to Work Institute. In a recent survey, our associates said that their work has special meaning and is not “just a job”. We currently have a (part time Receptionist) opening for a Field Operations Support Assistant at Parklawn
Cemetery in Rockville, MD. This is the opportunity to be part of the Dignity Memorial® provider network and grow your career in the funeral, cremation and cemetery services business. For us, there is no greater responsibility than celebrating each life like no other and making a difference in the lives of people we serve.
Provides administrative and clerical support to a funeral home, cemetery, crematory or a combination of these facilities. Other general duties include greeting the general public, answering questions and providing general information on services offered in a polite manner with a goal to meet and exceed customer expectations.
Provide Clerical Support
- Performs day to day clerical duties as required which may include: o Preparing death certificates, prayer cards and related documents o Greeting family members and friends o Completing required permits and / or certificates o Receiving and / or processes payments and/or contracts o Preparing and processing Veteran’s Paperwork o Ordering supplies, filing and responding to inquiries
- Ensures that the required documentation to support requested products and services is accurate and complies with state, federal and company rules and regulations, to include: o Preparing and distributing daily interment or cremation schedules, reports, and documents o Maintaining and verifying the accuracy of logs associated with markers, interments and/or cremations
- Acts on calls from external customers, including other cemeteries and mortuaries, to provide product and service selections, to include disposition of remains, contracts, and payments
- Coordinates the ordering of memorials and related products and the control of storage inventory for vaults and markers
- Oversees the processing of installation orders to grounds and maintenance departments
- Enters contracts and cash receipts in HMIS when necessary
- Prepares marker/ monument placement paperwork
- Composes edits and provides obituaries to newspapers and MeM
- Processes account payable transactions
- Assists Sales, Community or Family Service Counselors as needed
- Assists location management with daily operations including SOX compliance, delivery process and liability release
- Assists with payroll
- Prepares for funeral services by preparing sign-in books, ensuring veteran’s paperwork is completed, and assisting professional funeral staff as directed
- Conducts blind checks
- Assists with MEM preparation and service materials
- Monitors and follows up on marker orders; tracks memorial orders
- Maintains Dignity for Excellence location book where applicable
- Acts as backup to Receptionist
- May design and manage MEMs including monuments and markers
- May maintain location website to include accuracy of obituaries, service information, etc.
- Communicates client family’s needs promptly and accurately to the appropriate staff member.
- Conveys a sense of concern and empathy with client family members at all times.
- Demonstrates a caring attitude when problems arise while calmly and efficiently bringing the situation to the attention of a staff member who can provide resolution
- Responds to customer inquiries via telephone, internet and in person
- Maintains professional and cooperative relationships with county clerk, medical examiner and physicians
- Keeps accurate records
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School or GED equivalent
- None required
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in an office clerical or customer service capacity required
- Experience working in a customer-focused and fast-paced professional environment required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of office equipment including computers, calculators, copiers, printers, and fax machines at a level consistent with experience
- MS Office Suite experience is highly desirable
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Basic mathematic skills
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions
- High level of compassion and integrity
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to multi task and set priorities
- Detail oriented
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Service Corporation was ranked top 50 Best Companies to Work For” and has been certified as a "Great Place to Work". This ranking was determined by our compensation, training, reputation, and consumer growth. We are growing our team this year to meet the increasing demand for our products and services. Unlimited potential for career advancement. This is not just a job. It’s a meaningful career that makes a difference in the lives of the people we serve while providing you with an opportunity you will love. Truly a worthwhile career helping people that you can feel great about while still earning an income. We have immediate openings. We provide excellent training in the field and online through our award-winning Dignity University. The clientele our funeral home serves is as unique and culturally diverse as our team of funeral directors, admin, and funeral associates.
12800 Veirs Mill RdRockville, MD
BusinessView all jobs at SCI
Get fresh Field Support jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.