Vice President, Distribution Services
- Posted: August 11, 2022
Vice President, Distribution Services
Apply confidentially through the SCI REMC website - www.sciremc.com/careers. Include a cover letter, resume and salary history. Applications will be accepted through September 9, 2022, although interviews with qualified applicants could occur sooner.
Company and Position Summary
South Central Indiana REMC (SCI REMC) is seeking candidates for the position of Vice President, Distribution Services to replace its current incumbent who is relocating back to Wisconsin after a successful career at SCI. SCI REMC is the largest not-for-profit electric distribution cooperative in Indiana and a leader in innovative technology. The cooperative focuses on providing safe, reliable, cost-effective electricity and fiber solutions to its members in seven counties in south central Indiana. The position oversees eight departments within SCI REMS.
The cooperative is headquartered in a new, progressive facility in Martinsville, Indiana located just 30 minutes south of the Indianapolis airport and 20 minutes north of Bloomington, Indiana off of I-69. SCI REMC serves 3,922 miles of energized lines with 34,875 meters and 29,451 electric members and 7,778 residential fiber subscribers. SCI REMC has 163 highly-valued, member-focused employees. South Central Indiana REMC (SCI REMC) is a not-for-profit electric distribution, fiber services, member-owned cooperative. The Fiber Division of SCI REMC offers quality broadband services to homes and businesses plus fiber transport systems to ensure a reliable network service with a high level of member/subscriber experience satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will be a people-oriented leader who is adept at fostering a trusting, respectful relationship with team members, cooperative members and peers to carry out the mission of SCI REMC. The Vice President, Distribution Services constantly serves as a liaison between members and the community to demonstrate the cooperative principles and maintains the high integrity and reputation of the 83 year old organization.
- A proactive, strategic leader who is a good problem-solver and capable of aligning with the larger picture and strategic goals of the cooperative.
- A person with high ethical standards, professionalism, honesty and is trust-worthy, who demonstrates integrity, leads by example and by the values of the cooperative.
- A competent, self-aware person with the ability to communicate with people from various social and economic backgrounds in a clear, concise and confident manner across a broad range of audiences from a member struggling to pay their bill, legislators, employees, the Board of Directors, community leaders or meetings with members.
- A respectful person who is an effective listener and demonstrates that listening is as important as speaking for effective communications.
- A leader with the discipline and persistence to support a strong, energized team environment based on trust and invites diverse viewpoints. A person who encourages collaborative review and commits to decisions and plans of actions and holds people accountable for achieving measureable results against strategic initiatives, plans or budgets focusing on the achievement of the collective results.
- A leader who posses a sense of drive with the ability to stay focused on results despite changing conditions.
- A change agent who can effectively communicate and manage change.
- A leader who will support and appreciate the cooperative principles, business model and the value of being a member-owned business.
The Key Objectives of the Vice President, Distribution Services position is:
- leading the Distribution Services Department which includes Electric, Fiber, and Vegetation Management groups;
- performing management functions of planning, organizing, staffing, directing, coordinating and controlling the activities of the Distribution Services Department in accordance with established policies, plans, budgets and objectives of South Central Indiana REMC;
- providing advice and counsel on methods of rural electric and fiber system design, construction, maintenance and operations of the Cooperative's electric and fiber distribution system as well as plan and oversee commercial fiber;
- overseeing the coordination of all construction, operations and maintenance functions within the Distribution Services Department;
- developing member support, understanding and acceptance of Distribution Services Department activities;
SCI REMC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits including a defined-benefit, front loaded pension plan, 401(k) matched savings, healthcare, HSA with a generous employer contribution and much more. Joining the co-op family will prove to be a welcoming, friendly experience where employees are focused on providing the best service to all members and subscribers. Join this unique, not-for-profit business that truly values employees and encourages life-long learning and development.
Bachelor's Degree in a related field is required. An Engineering degree with the ability to obtain registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Indiana is preferred.
Minimum of twelve (12) years' work experience in an engineering or operations position with an electric utility system. Minimum of five (5) years' experience managing or directing personnel. Experience with operations in a telecom or fiber business with P&L responsibilities, preferred. Experience with a rural electric distribution system is preferred.
- Knowledge of the utility industry and its economic, regulatory and governmental requirements, technical aspects, and its operations is required.
- Must be capable of independently performing the management functions of planning, organizing, staffing, directing, budgeting, coordinating, and controlling the engineering, operations, and maintenance activities of the Distribution Services Department and following company policies.
- Must perform regular reviews and analyses to determine methods for improving safety, productivity, and continuity of electrical service.
- Skill and ability with decision making, delegating effectively, and developing a competent staff is required.
- Must have the knowledge and ability to oversee the preparation, negotiation, and review of contracts for electric and fiber line construction, maintenance, system improvements and coordinate the management of those contractors.
- Must be capable of managing the development and maintenance of the Cooperative's network infrastructure, network hardware and software.
- Must be capable of overseeing the management of projects to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of SCI expenditures, capital investments, project success and meet deadlines.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management, Board members, employees, members, and others.
- Must be able to work effectively daily with a variety of individuals.
- Must be regular in work attendance.
SCI REMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.Employment Type: FULL_TIME
BusinessView all jobs at SCI REMC