Commercial Construction Superintendent - Medical Facility Experience
SCI Construction Lubbock, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k,
We are currently looking for someone who loves construction, is organized and enjoys working with people to join our team.
The Job Superintendent’s function is to perform all job-related assignments as assigned by the President in conjunction with the Project Manager. This position is important and fulfillment of the duties and responsibilities contribute to the overall success of the company.
The Job Superintendent’s principal duty is to properly schedule the work of the crews, equipment, and subcontractors to achieve maximum quality production in the most efficient and safe manner, specifically as follows:
• Ensure all those working on your jobsite (to include subcontractors and their labor force) are trained and OSHA compliant.
• Ascertain that crew members are well qualified and are effectively carrying out their duties.
• Properly lay out a project, ensuring proper grades are followed and structure is located accurately.
• Read plans and understand specifications for each project.
• Coordinate with Project Manager to keep progress schedule current.
• Review schedule status and job costs each week.
• Maintain inventory control over tools and equipment.
• Maintain Job Superintendent’s daily log.
• Ensure all change orders are properly executed and indicated on as-built plans.
• Attend pre-construction and construction meetings.
• Assist inspectors on their project reviews.
• Implement quality control inspections
• Four years’ commercial construction experience OR education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
• Ability to visualize how things will look when assembled.
• Working knowledge and skills in math.
• General knowledge of construction including new construction, remodeling, renovations, construction procedures, tools, reading specifications, construction materials, quality control, safety and cost control.
• Above average communication skills especially when taking instructions.
• Ability to work as part of a crew and participate as a team member.
• Ability to estimate time and materials needed for assigned projects.
• General knowledge and understanding of safety (OSHA). .
• Ability to interact and coordinate effectively with subordinates, the public, owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors and vendors to achieve maximum efficiency.
• Must be able to work effectively under pressure.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to read, write and speak English.
• Must have a high school education or GED.
• Must be able to read and understand blueprints.
• Must be willing to tolerate exposure to temperature extremes while working outdoors on job sites.
• Must be able to travel out of town.
• Must be able to work overtime.
SCI Construction is a family owned business specializing in the construction and development of senior living projects and general commercial construction. We are interested in a sharp, driven individual who is organized, detailed oriented, able to work with others, and able to keep to a schedule. We offer competitive pay, 401(k) with company matching, and a bonus program.