Business Office Director
SCENT Lugoff, SC
- Posted: over a month ago
SCENT is looking for a Business Office Director to join our team in our Lugoff, South Carolina office. The Business Office Director is responsible for directing and coordinating the overall functions of the Business Office to ensure maximization of cash flow while improving patient, physician and other customer relations
The ideal candidate will be motivated, dependable, team-oriented, and driven to produce quality work. They will produce reports for stakeholders across all practice functions.
Representative Responsibilities include:
- Plans and directs registration, patient insurance, billing and collections and data processing to ensure accurate patient billing and efficient account collection.
- Manages the Business Office within the established budget including annual planning and develops monthly status reports.
- Reviews current status of patient accounts to identify and resolve billing and processing problems in a timely manner.
- Establishes and implements a system for the collection of delinquent accounts ensuring third-party payors are contacted.
- Establishes and recommends credit and collection policies. Makes recommendations for improvement.
- Solves difficult payment and associated business office problems. Audits problem accounts.
- Manages medical records to obtain and analyze additional patient information to document and process billings.
- Manages credentialing process for the practice.
- Develops and implements new procedures to improve the quality and quantity of work processed. Ensures policies are communicated and administered consistently.
- Develops and oversees business systems and works with information technology to ensure timely and accurate implementation.
- Supervises, trains, orients and evaluates performance over assigned personnel. Recommends increases, promotions, disciplinary actions.
- Monitors daily operating activity of department and makes necessary adjustments in work assignments.
- Initiates and answers pertinent correspondence. Prepares and writes reports. Maintains required records and files.
- Maintains knowledge of and complies with established policies and procedures including government, insurance and third-party payor regulations.
- Attends administrative meetings and participates in committees as requested. Conducts special projects and studies as directed.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Maintains confidentiality in regard to patients accounts status.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at SCENT