Sales & Business Development Carbon Associate
- Posted: 24 days ago
We are looking for an ambitious applicant, who shares our mission of a low carbon future, to join our Carbon Desk in Singapore. SCB is a world leading low carbon commodity company relentlessly pursuing a low carbon future.
The chosen applicant will be responsible for growing SCB’s presence and developing new business relationships with clients within voluntary carbon markets in the Asia-Pacific Region. Our ideal candidate is confident, adaptable, builds relationships easily and interacts well under pressure.
Our headquarters are in Nyon, Switzerland supported by four global offices located in London, Chicago, Puerto Rico and Singapore.
Who We Look For
Candidates should be interested in a career within the environmental, commodity or financial markets. Here is who we look for:
- Degree in Environmental Studies, Energy Economics, Business or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years’ experience working in B2B sales, business development or client facing role within the sustainability sector or trading experience in voluntary carbon market
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and competencies:
- A self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative
- Strong technology skills – MS Office, Bloomberg, programming
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Organized with an ability to prioritise time-sensitive assignments
- Relevant knowledge of voluntary carbon products, corporate social responsibility, sustainability and climate change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset and great team player
What You Will Do
You will be responsible:
- Prospecting for corporate customers clients/public institutions and business development (cold calling, qualifying and building the pipeline of deal)
- Consulting clients on their sustainability challenges, understanding their needs and helping them develop bespoke solutions to offset their emissions and to address climate change goals
- Strategic management of customer projects and support of key deliveries
- Maintaining relationships with existing customers and identifying further sale opportunities
- Writing advisory proposals and taking part in deal negotiations and completion
- Working closely with colleagues in Europe and the US and assisting the desk in developing advisory strategy and sustainability proposals
- Actively engaging with the Operation, Legal and Compliance departments and ensuring a thorough risk management, trade execution, and post-trade discipline and the overall quality control in line with SCB guidelines, rules and principles
- Representing SCB at market events and engaging with the relevant marketing activities
Why Work for SCB
Why should you work for us?
We're building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work.
In addition, we always strive to accommodate our employee’s needs, providing them with great benefits. To learn more about our benefits and our work at SCB, visit starcb.com/careers/working-at-scb.
About Our Company
SCB is the world leading low carbon commodity company relentlessly pursuing a low carbon future. We provide Brokerage, Matched Principal, Market Data and Advisory services in sustainable commodities and renewable energy. As a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good. Our commitment to the environment goes further than just helping our customers. Over the years, we have abated more than 400 million MT of CO2 through our global transactions.
Check out our YouTube Channel to know us better!
What To Do Next
Apply now by submitting a resume and cover letter through this link.
Seize the opportunity to work with us and expand your knowledge of renewable energy, low carbon commodities and alternatives.
SCB is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of colour, ethnic minorities, LGBTQ, and persons with disabilities.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?