SCA Pacific Case Management offers an exciting opportunity for an experienced Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor to expand our eastern Washington presence. To be considered you must already have your CDMS and/or CRC credentials, 2 years of experience, and preferably some cases.
We offer extensive support to ensure a successful transition to our team, including vocational and administrative assistance. Our VRCs work collaboratively to get results, with access to assistants whom they mentor and utilize. We have continuing education on a monthly basis with many CEU opportunities, all of which you'll have access to while working from home or office. SCA has offices in 16 Washington counties, so you'll have unlimited growth potential while servicing clients under a company that's been around since 1987.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Attend meetings with injured workers, their employers, medical providers, and legal representatives to determine their employability.
- Review cases and determine needs for vocational rehabilitation services, including identifying resources in the community and assisting injured workers with securing retraining benefits.
- Prepare correspondence, reports and case documents, monitor client recovery, schedule appointments and prepare files.
- Evaluate case information and prepare formal plan to correct client’s vocational limitations within their physical limitations.
- Arrange rehabilitation services as needed to include necessary medical, psychometric and additional appointments/testing.
- Vocational research utilizing specific job related resources.
- Develop rapport, assess the client’s profile, and coordinate the process to ensure timely resolution, while effectively dealing with confrontation and providing goal direction.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (no exceptions)—psychology, sociology, human services, social work or related discipline preferred.
- CDMS and/or CRC certification and 2 years' experience as a VRC.
- Valid Washington Driver’s License and access to a reliable, insured vehicle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; particularly Word.
- Skilled in conducting internet research.
- Strong work ethic and high accountability.
- Good organizational skills with ability to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of varying socioeconomic backgrounds, disabilities and ethnic diversity.
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, with professional and support staff.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with customized databases and technology.
- Bilingual, preferably in Spanish.
- MA/MS degree in Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling.