SC Staffing, Inc.
- Expired: September 20, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Working as a member of the Major Gifts and Individual Giving team, the Development Officer will be responsible for engaging individual donors in the mission and work of BMC. He/She will contribute to the team's fundraising goals by qualifying new prospects and building a pipeline of donors who have the capacity to make five-figure gifts. This role will primary be working in a discovery portfolio and report to the Director of Major Gifts & Individual Giving.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Demonstrated ability to identify, qualify, cultivate, and solicit prospective donors through patient screening, networking, and in partnership with research. Actively prospect and engage for new friends and grateful patients of BMC around the hospital's top fundraising priorities.
- Engage donors through personal/virtual visits, phone calls, and written correspondence who have the capacity to give $10K+. Manage a portfolio of about 250 prospects, and complete 75-100 prospect visits annually. Raise approximately $500k annually. Other metrics to be discussed.
- Retain and upgrade existing five-figure donors and leverage pool of sustaining donors for long-term pipeline development
- Manage volunteers to further engage existing donors and attract new ones. In partnership with research, actively prospect for new BMC donors and connections
- Liaise with identified clinical leads and program directors to understand and support departmental/programmatic priorities; advance and manage donor relationships where appropriate. Provide prep and background information to key providers and leaders when needed.
- Work with the hospital's clinical and program leaders to understand their philanthropic needs; manage connections between them and hospital donors where appropriate
- Develop gift proposals, stewardship reports, engagement opportunities, and other written materials as necessary.
- Submit timely contact reports, proposals, and other necessary documentation using NXT; have familiarity with fundraising CRMs
- Partner with other development colleagues, such as the Director of Planned Giving and the Annual Fund Manager, on appropriate areas for collaboration to maximize revenue for the hospital
- Participate in annual program planning, goal setting, and assessment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree required - will consider an applicant with or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated success with individual solicitations.
- Proven track record in working within complex programs managing multiple demands, and balance evolving needs.
SC Staffing, Inc.
Get fresh Major Gifts Officer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.