Senior Project Manager - Major Projects
This is a great opportunity for a seasoned Construction Professional to ehance their career! Great Culture, Benefits, People, Projects!
The Senior Project Manager plays an integral role to lead, organize, and manage all project construction teams and to achieve the balance of SBW risk and liability, client satisfaction, project financial targets, and project schedules.
The Senior Project Manager manages all day-to-day project progress, with a focus on but not limited to Financial Performance, Client Relationships, Risk Management, Contract Management, Team Leadership, Management, Coaching & Mentoring. This role reports directly to the Director of Construction and is in frequent communication with key stakeholders such as the subcontractors. This role is responsible for overall client satisfaction with a focus on earning repeat business opportunities.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Manage Financial Performance (Cashflow, Profit)
- Monitor and control project costs and budgets throughout the project life
- Oversee the project’s financial results and cash flow
- Manage the Change Order process
- Develop and update Risk Plan Matrix with Senior PM or Director, and manage throughout the project
- Evaluate potential project execution strategies to ensure implementation of the best sequence utilization of materials, equipment, labour and subcontractors for successful outcomes
- Develop a project execution plan in collaboration with the Superintendent, General Superintendent and Director
- Schedule the project (or assume responsibility for the Schedule) using Primavera P6 to manage construction activities
- Anticipate changes (scope, drawings, trades, staff, material, etc.) and manage effectively
Team Management / Leadership
- Initiate, organize, and direct the Project Team to ensure project budget, scope, and schedules are attainable
- Collaborate with Superintendent and Field Staff to ensure clear direction, safety and site management
- Lead the project team on construction methodology, procedures, and practices on an ongoing basis, in coordination with the Superintendent and General Superintendent
- Advise Executive staff monthly on status of project (using Procore)
- Review project progress, cost, and schedule with the project team weekly
- Proactively manage project activities to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Resolve disputes in a timely manner using conflict resolution strategies
- Develop, mentor and coach Project Managers and Project Coordinators
- Ensure the team understands SBW’s operating policies & practices and is applying them appropriately
- Maintain a superior worksite with an emphasis on safety, ensuring SBW and OH&S standards are followed throughout all aspects of the project
- Oversee tender management
- Develop subtrade Scopes of Work
- Negotiate subtrade contracts with the Director of Construction as required
- Initiative Client, Consultant, and Subtrade Relationships
- Build successful project team and manage team cohesiveness
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Advanced leadership for commercial and industrial GC projects
- Advanced Leadership, Conflict Resolution, Mediation, and Problem-Solving Skills
- Exceptional Communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to use strategic thinking and lead problem solving
- Successful in Team Management and Training
- Effective Planning and Execution Management
- Constructive Coaching and Mentoring skills
- Extensive knowledge of Contract Law, Lien Regulations, and Insurance & Bonding
- Some exposure or experience of LEED, Passive House, or QA/QC would be of benefit
- 15-20 years of experience in Project Management
In performing your duties and responsibilities, you agree to comply with all reasonable instructions and directions as may be given to you by SBW (your Manager, the Directors and Executive) from time to time, and to comply with all SBW policies and procedures that may be in effect.
Get fresh Senior Project Manager - Major Projects jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.