SBS Corp 20598, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The iOS Developer will develop and test the user interfaces for new software solutions and new versions of existing software solutions in the digital solutions portfolio. They understand and apply applicable design and coding standards. They lead and participate in the creation and maintenance of mobile app development standards and best practices. They participate and contribute in design and planning meetings, daily scrums, code review sessions and pair programming.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, code, test, and debug new software or enhancements to existing software of complex software applications.
- Perform maintenance on existing software products and contribute knowledge of business applications.
- Contribute as necessary to the development of all project artifacts throughout the system development life cycle.
- Write SQL queries and analyze existing queries for performance tuning.
- Perform post-deployment verification.
- Review the existing documentation.
- Document technical specifications.
- Work closely with the UX Designers to implement a specified UI design within the constraints of the technical solution and work to find compromises when desired designs cannot be achieved.
- Field technical questions from other developers, Product Management, Quality Assurance, and other departments.
- Provide development estimates for new development initiatives and enhancement requests.
- Investigate and resolve bugs and deficiencies in the product codebase.
- Build and maintain internal tools to streamline the software development process and enhance productivity.
- Build strong and collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams to launch new products, features, and services on time and within budget.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelors degree; or 3 years with a Masters degree.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in a creative or technical field. Graduate degree preferred.
- 5 years of iOS app development experience using Swift. Experience using Objective-C is a plus.
- Experience using Xcode and its tools, like: Instruments
- Experience building UI using Interface Builder, Auto Layout and Swift UI
- Experience using iOS SDK, including: CoreData, User Default, Background Services, Push Notification, Location Management and Thread Management.
- Experience using 3rd party frameworks and CocoaPods dependency manager.
- Experience with app distribution using TestFlight and Apple App Store Connect portal, available examples in Apple App Store is preferred.
- Experience with consuming APIs and interfacing with backend services using REST and JSON.
- Experience with AWS Services.
- Experience working in an agile, preferably SAFe, environment.
- Understanding accessibility compliance.
- Portfolio demonstrating experience is preferred but not required.
- Experience with software engineering fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, dependency injection, testable code, and algorithms.
- Write clean, maintainable code, and read and review code created by others.
- Write and maintain unit tests.
- Experience working with a distributed team (on/offshore)
- Experience working in a mixed environment of employees and vendors
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Be highly collaborative, a fast learner and willing to work wherever you're needed on the team.
- Domain knowledge of health care, call center, or public sector preferred but not required.
- Curiosity to learn about new businesses and industries, and ability to quickly grasp and make effective use of industry- and company-specific terminology
- Solid written and verbal communication skills and leadership
- Ability to summarize and convey information to stakeholders and sponsors
- Strong negotiation and objection handling skills
- Ability to influence others both within and outside of immediate team to achieve results
- Travel: Ability to travel as required up to 20%. Given the dynamic nature of the team and the need to be responsive to our customers needs, some travel may be coordinated on short notice.
First 100 days goal:
- Understand XXX operations and service delivery models, which includes observation of front line staff
- Support high priority in-flight projects with subject matter expertise and leadership
- Integrate into existing MDS team
- Grow UX and FED Team in TBD Physical office location
- Understand XXX Digital Solutions capabilities and processes for delivering.