SBM is growing, and we’re building the right team to grow with us! Okay, we recognize that’s a bit cliché, but hey, it’s the truth. We’re consistently reaching new milestones, developing new products, programs, and service enhancements, and we need someone to build out the strategy to help us tell the world about it! Hint—that’s where YOU come in!
You can develop, build, and launch innovative marketing strategies that will successfully tell the dynamic SBM story—with a WOW factor. You’re into the cutting-edge, constantly working to step up your game, and inspiration drives everything you do.
You understand how to articulate the value of a product or service and, if you have successfully marketed and positioned a service or software, that’s a major bonus! For you, our maybe-future VP of Marketing, the responsibilities related to campaign strategy and go-to-market strategy are in your wheelhouse.
You can interact with anyone, including top-level executive leadership—the Chief Marketing Officer will be your right-hand man—and you’re comfortable and confident communicating and delivering those marketing strategies (mentioned above) to folks at every level. You can delegate but you’re also a hands-on contributor who’s willing to roll up your sleeves when something needs to get done.
What you’d be doing:
- Providing strategic leadership on all SBM marketing concepts
- Leading Director levels and designated Managers that focus on products and project schedules.
- Reviewing and approving actions, staff, and timelines directly with CMO
- Supporting (indirectly and directly) current RFP, QBR, and customer-facing marketing teams— Operations and Growth including but not limited to messaging and selling strategies for IFM, Direct RFPs, and presentations
- Influencing and maintaining culture of SBM within Design and Marketing teams
- Delivering high-level performance and progress reporting to senior leadership regarding company goals related to marketing initiatives
- Building and maintaining a team that is competent, dedicated, and motivated to achieving company goals
- Overseeing execution of promotional activities including print, electronic media, trade show, direct mail, point-of-purchase displays, and signage
- Negotiating contract terms with outside agencies and suppliers
- Communicating with outside advertising agencies on ongoing campaigns as needed
- Overseeing development, production, and distribution of promotional and collateral materials to support sales and marketing programs
- Planning and conducting market research to identify opportunities for increased sales
- Maintaining customer database and approving the use of internal and external mailing lists
- Reviewing analysis of marketing surveys on current and new product concepts in order to recommend future product development
- Directing communication strategies that promote internal successes
- Monitoring industry-best practices and competitive markets
What we expect:
- Know-How: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, or related field
- Expertise as a written communicator: bonus if you’re able to share some writing samples
- C-Level Rapport: You’ve worked with C-Suite and have the ability to maintain relationships with Senior VPs, CMOs, Directors, etc.
- It’s not your first rodeo: You have 10+ years' experience in Marketing, with 5+ years managing strategy and diverse teams.
- You’re a Professional Role Model: You make a commitment to mentoring, leading, and inspiring your teams.