The SVP of Procurement will partner with SBM’s Operations VP’s, Divisional and Regional Managers, and corporate departments while providing leadership in the standardization, best pricing, purchasing and delivery of products and services our for multi-state/global organization. This individual will direct and coordinate activities, forecasting, and financial performance of Procurement and Specialized Supply. The SVP will provide clear communication to CFO on established financial indicators, participates in financial due diligence for new business opportunities (RFP review, bid modeling, contract administration), and works closely with Global Sourcing team to identify, and nurture relationships with Manufacturing and Supplier partners to promote a sustainable and profitable supply chain.
- Recruit, hire, create structure, and develop high performing teams.
- Provide leadership, direction and support in operation management client communication including but not limited to successful Business Reviews with clients relating to product resale.
- Provide recommendations on expenditure requirements to better align the Procurement and Specialized Supply organization(s) on major corporate economic strategies, objectives, and policies.
- Provide leadership in regular communications with key leadership team to keep apprised of the status, development, success, and overall growth of Procurement and Specialized Supply
- Monitor competitors’ services and marketing activities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key community and strategic partners.
- Work with corporate departments to support initiatives and strategies associated with key metrics for the unique partnership and the growth of that partnership.
- Confer with CFO and other senior leadership personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Create an innovative approach to grow new business opportunities and collaborate with the entire Strategy, Growth and Solutions team as well as marketing as key contributors, maintaining positive internal relationships.
- Directly manage Procurement and Specialized Supply in preparation of existing budgets, reviews budget proposals, and provides consistent visibility to current financial performance through monthly communications and reporting.
- Implement new SBM products to expand offerings to SBM customers and non SBM customers. This would include private label custom manufactured products.
- Responsible for all initiatives related to E-Commerce, ERP/MRP implementation, and processes strengthening B2B/B2C platforms.
- Manage and mentor a dynamic team of purchasing professionals and ensures SBM “buyers” are trained and follow SBM purchasing requirements and policies.
- Ensure that SBM always has a stable of qualified vendors that can meet and exceed our internal and external customer requirements at preferred pricing levels.
- Strategically develop and implement commodity/supply chain strategies covering all commodities, non-subcontract services and supplier processes throughout a global enterprise to deliver maximum value, leverage, and standardization. (Coordinate consolidation of SBM distributors and suppliers as needed)
- Lead product development commodity strategies in line with corporate initiatives to improve supply chain efficiencies and reduce the total cost of supply chain management.
- Manage all activities that develop relationships with suppliers.
- Develop an overall supplier base which creates and sustains a competitive advantage, utilizing global market exploitation, leveraging spend, and leveraging of technologies.
- Ensure performance improvement and recovery plans are developed, issued, tracked, and reported on as required for supply base management and improvement.
- Position requires travel 25-50% of the time
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, or a related field from a four-year college or university with 10+ years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- May be required to have a valid driver’s license.
SBM ManagementYorktown, VA
BusinessView All SBM Management Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.