- Posted: over a month ago
SBM is growing, and we’re building the right team to grow with us! Okay, we recognize that’s a bit cliché, but hey, it’s the truth. We’re consistently reaching new milestones, developing new products, programs, and service enhancements, and we need someone to elevate our ability to help us visually tell the world about it! Hint—that’s where YOU come in!
You are a rock star creative genius. You live and breathe amazing design—recognize it, deliver it, and inspire others to create it. You know that inspiration is all around us, every single day, and you’re constantly deriving it from your environment, your peers, and any other resource you can get your hands on.
You can come to the table with innovative visual design strategies and styles, breaking free from best practices and inventing dynamic new ways to express our SBM story. If you’ve worked across several mediums—design, print, digital, video, motion graphics—even better!
At SBM we love do-ers. You’re someone who can oversee our design teams and delegate work, but who isn’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and deliver when something needs to be done. You can work alongside anyone, from your immediate team to top-level executives, and you’re a solid communicator who loves sharing design concepts and strategies with everyone around you.
What you’d be doing:
- Enhancing department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Designing and implementing marketing strategies aligned with business targets
- Assisting in direction and execution of the design of marketing assets as prescribed by creative/marketing briefs.
- Providing art direction on small- and large-scale projects from creative conception to completion.
- Brainstorming and strategizing with creative team to help develop creative direction with a focus on the look and feel of marketing materials.
- Recommending, researching, and developing imagery (e.g., graphics, illustration) to support creative strategy and execution.
- Collaborating with writing team to artfully build creative solutions to address specific project objectives.
- Directing the final development and production of creative assets and ensuring accuracy, attention to detail, and overall meeting or exceeding the design objectives.
- Ensuring brand guidelines and directives are embraced and adhered to in all executions.
- Supporting the Marketing Director and marketing team in developing creative strategies and concepts.
- Playing an active role in contributing conceptual ideas in brainstorms or offline creative development.
- Working to improve the team’s overall performance, embracing a collaborative approach.
- Providing visible support for leadership and helping to build a unified team mindset.
- Forecasting market trends and maintaining best practices.
- Improving quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
- Understanding marketing initiatives, strategic positioning, and target audience.
- Coordinating with the rest of the team across different types of media.
What we expect:
- Know-How: Bachelor’s degree in art, graphic design, marketing, or related field
- Expertise as a designer, and a portfolio that proves it!
- C-Level Rapport: You’ve worked with C-Suite and have the ability to maintain relationships with Senior VPs, CMOs, Directors, etc.
- It’s not your first rodeo: You have 7+ years' experience in Creative Design, with 3+ years managing a team of designers.
- You’re a Professional Role Model: You make a commitment to mentoring, leading, and inspiring your teams.
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at SBM Management