Director, Business Development, eCommerce - Remote
- Posted: over a month ago
We believe that our challenging spirit is the driving force behind everything we do. As a result, we have challenged ourselves to implement a People First company culture with a comprehensive benefit package and flexible working arrangements. Supportive programs, talented employees and extensive career advancement opportunities are all part of what makes SMB a certified Great Place To Work.
The Director Business Development– eCommerce will drive the strategy, development, and execution of SBM’s eCommerce platforms for its product portfolio. This specific role will be responsible for overseeing and managing the ecommerce activity if of our AMAZON business, DTC, and Retailer.com for accounts including Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, Tractor Supply and more. This role will work across all functions to accelerate the portfolio approach, impact to the business, and overall brand awareness.
- P&L responsibility and sales management for SBM Life Science product portfolio on ecommerce platforms. Successful delivery of KPIs to accelerate ecommerce platforms and build longer-term customer affinity.
- Negotiate & foster supplier business agreements/relationships with e-commerce retailers
- Manage the Ecommerce Business Development Team and coordinate Omni-channel strategies working in partnership with the Retail Business Development Channel Teams
- Support of broader ecommerce channel strategy for the SBM product portfolio, in collaboration with sales and marketing team to ensure strategic coordination across all channels.
- Build and manage relationships with strategic 3rd party ecommerce partners, with an understanding of their business priorities and decision-making to accelerate SBM portfolio.
- Develop and execute ecommerce promotional strategy and measurement.
- Collaboration with cross-functional partners to manage all aspects of ecommerce business including business planning, pricing, product innovation approach, content strategy and development, and supply planning.
- Work closely with brand and marketing teams to ensure all content is congruent with brand identity, strategic direction, and promotional activity.
- Provide tracking and analysis of user behavior through market analysis, and site analytics to identify key performance drivers and metrics.
- Responsible for the GS1 Global Data Synchronization Network Standards (GDSN)
- Develop process for Master Data Management (MDM)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- 5+ years of relevant experience in an online marketing, or eCommerce capacity.
- Experience leading large customer initiatives with measurable impact on business as well as experience building and managing eCommerce businesses.
- P&L responsibility with e-commerce platforms such as Amazon and owned platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully partner with cross-functional team members to deliver business plans with excellence.
- Understanding of how to drive eCommerce conversions through effective direct marketing programs.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to translate metrics into actionable insights
- Proven track record of delivering consistent, positive results
- Strong initiative and demonstrated leadership across functions and levels
- A fast-paced multi-tasking expert with strong cross-functional project management capabilities
- A team player, comfortable with ambiguity and pressure from multiple stakeholders
- Outstanding communication skills – both oral and written
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to multi-task and reprioritize quickly.
SBM Life Science
BusinessView all jobs at SBM Life Science