SBM Life Science Baltimore, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SBM Life Science is seeking a highly talented Demand Planner to join our growing organization. Come join a "Great Place to Work" certified organization in a highly visible role that will have an immediate impact to our business.
The Demand Planner manages a subset of the company demand forecast by using data driven statistical information merged with intelligence gathered from multiple inputs such as financial plans, market plans, sales plans, and industry information to reach an unbiased consensus with all parties.
- Forecast and maintain Demand Plans for supporting channels and manage forecasts in ERP systems. Ensure data accuracy in reporting and management of forecasts.
- Assist in seasonal modeling and plan assortment with support from Merchandising, Sales and Product.
- Assist in product/style ranking, collect feedback and develop top-down forecasts.
- YoY Trend analysis, manage product mix and rationalization initiatives.
- Work across the business to ensure all necessary data is available and accurately noted so financial metrics can be validated.
- Communicate risks and opportunities to stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Collaborate with across the business to support product initiatives, maximize in-stock, and inventory productivity.
- Improve forecast accuracy by accounting for seasonality, new items, new customers, promotional activity, and other market factors.
- Align demand plans to business objectives through S&OP processes.
- Prepare and present demand analytics including, but not limited to missed business / lost sales, forecast accuracy and bias, customer sell-through, monthly and annual pacing, and demand/supply balancing.
- Develop alerts, reports, and predictive models to support the organization in identifying potential gaps and issues before they arise.
- Drive Production Planning and Inventory Management strategies to improve customer fill rates and minimize excess inventory.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Mathematics or related analytical discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience Demand Planning in B2B, Digital or CPG (CPG preferred)
- A minimum of 3 years ERP experience (SAGE experience a PLUS)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Business Intelligence and/or Queries
- Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP)
- Ability to collaborate and influence cross-functionally.
- Experience leading collaborative demand meetings, participating in a consensus process or involvement in an S&OP process.
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to build trusting relationships across the organization.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area travel and possible overnights may be expected.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
SBM Life Science
BusinessView all jobs at SBM Life Science