Area Sales Manager - Remote from Home Office - MI / OH / IN
- Posted: over a month ago
We believe that our challenging spirit is the driving force behind everything we do. As a result, we have challenged ourselves to implement a company culture that prioritizes a comprehensive benefit package, flexible working arrangements and supportive programs. Talented employees and extensive career advancement opportunities are all part of what makes SBMa certified Great Place To Work.
Come join us as an Area Sales Manager - based from your home office.
- Company Car Program
- Competitive salary and annual bonus
- PTO/Company Paid Holidays
The Area Sales Manager is responsible for developing world class relationships with major home center retail partners increasing in-store presence of SBM Brands - BioAdvanced and Natria through the assessment of local market opportunities, developing sales/marketing plans, and supervising the work of Merchandisers.
- Business Planning
- Analyze business opportunities and threats
- Analyze and prepare key metrics to educate our customers on business opportunities
- Effectively advise customers through metrics updates and business reviews
- Manage and direct the work of merchandisers including:
- Planning, scheduling and delegating work assignments
- Providing ongoing feedback and director
- Interviewing, and making hiring decisions
- Provide job training, including imparting product knowledge
- Manage budget by effectively controlling expenditures
- Develop retail sales/marketing plans and other creative marketing tools and events
- Assist retailers in the proper merchandising of SBM Product lines, including the use of point-of- purchase materials, as appropriate, to meet the account’s needs
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- BS/BA in Sales, Business Management or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of prior field sales or account management experience
- Demonstrated sales presentation skills
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to manage competing priorities and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Strong delegation skills
- Ability to work evenings and weekends during in-season periods
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office programs
- Current valid driver’s license and ability to drive on a regular basis
- Ability to travel within an assigned territory, including overnight. Seasonal Travel up to 50% in key months
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 60 lbs, and climb an 8-12 ft ladder.
Preferred Knowledge Skills and/or Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree, Business/Sales/Marketing or related field from an accredited university
- Prior sales experience in the Lawn and Garden, Grocery, Beverage industry
- Prior experience marketing or selling a challenger brand
SBM Life Science
BusinessView all jobs at SBM Life Science
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?