- Posted: over a month ago
C3 by SBE & Graduate Hotels®, is seeking a Kitchen Supervisor to join Graduate Ann Arbor and its wonderful team of hospitality enthusiasts.
C3 by sbe is a cutting edge food and beverage platform consisting of an array of limited service culinary brands. C3 is focused on disrupting the food & beverage industry by capitalizing on rapidly evolving customer preferences such as food halls, ghost kitchens and mobile delivery. A global tribe of individuals, partners and progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community throughout our proprietary brands.
Graduate Hotels creates authentic, playful spaces that connect a community's travelers, students, and locals. Through thoughtfully curated design, creative F&B and community-focused events, we create hotels worthy of their hometown.
This is an exciting partnership between Graduate Hotels and C3 by sbe. You will be under the roof of Graduate Hotel but be part of the C3 by sbe culinary tribe.
The Kitchen Supervisor is the example of our standards at all times, whether it is cleanliness, organization, or food quality. They are also responsible for the speed and accuracy of the team. The Kitchen Supervisor must be able to work effectively with limited supervision and demonstrate leadership in order to motivate others.
- This is a leadership position responsible for the development and operation of their team to support one of the most critical factors in our success, food quality
- Responsible for food safety
- Perform basic repairs as needed to the kitchen equipment or seek the help of a maintenance person who can perform repairs
- Develop and cross train all team members
- Ensure a sense of urgency from all kitchen team members at all times
- Assign daily work stations and manage breaks
- Ensure cleanliness
- Partner with the office to communicate and coordinate different cate ring options
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the kitchen, Breakfast, lunch and dinners during some times of the year
- Identify and solve real problems
- Enforce core values
- Improve performance
- Ability to perform tasks with accuracy, speed, and attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work on feet for the duration of shift.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Must be able to provide documentation that shows you are authorized to work in the United States. Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
Education / Experience / Credentials:
Minimum of one (1) year relevant experience in kitchen or service focused environment. It is the employee's responsibility to secure and maintain status of all required certificates, licenses, or registrations when required by local, state, or federal government agencies. ANSI approved Food Handler Card and Responsible Beverage Service certificate recognized by the ABC (if applicable).
Must have the ability to speak, read, write, and interpret business documents in the English language. Multi-lingual skills are a plus.
Must have access to reliable transportation locally, as this position requires presence at the venue and is not a remote position.
This position will be based at the venue and not remote. Personal protective equipment is always required, as well as following social distancing guidelines, and health and safety measures of hand sanitizing and cleaning procedures. All CDC and LA Department of Public Health mandates are followed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable people with a disability to perform the described essential functions where possible.
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum of eight (8) hours.
- Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb and carry objects as necessary.
- Ability to kneel, reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and lift at least 35lbs.
- Must be able to work in a fast pace and high-volume environment in the presence of areas containing secondhand smoke, high noise levels, dancing, bright lights, and dust and communicate during this time – sometimes within a small area.
- Must be able to work inside and outside at all times of the year as needed, based upon business volumes.
AddressAnn Arbor, MI
FoodView all jobs at SBERG