Channel Account Manager - Southwest
- Posted: May 01, 2022
We have an exceptional opportunity for a talented candidate as a Channel Account Manager. This hands-on position will be responsible for achieving territory revenue growth and partner goals. The role offers the flexibility to work remotely from your home office located in the Southwest region of the U.S.
Key accountabilities include achieving budgeted growth goals through prospecting, account development, regional campaigns and customer relationships.
The successful candidate will direct and manage all sales functions, including on site customer visits, special application needs and partner training sessions as well as execute strategies that penetrate new market sales and partners in various verticals within the assigned territory by:
- Identifying, qualifying and training new Value Added Resellers (VAR's) and Independent Software Providers (ISP's) on our full suite of printing and media solutions.
- Proactively engage with current Reseller Partners to further increase SATO's market share and drive incremental revenue through up-selling, cross selling and account penetration as well as promoting and launching new products.
Assume overall accountability for establishing and implementing an effective sales program, meeting goals with budgeted resources for partner support and developing strategies that promote SATO throughout the region.
Counsel, train and guide SATO partners within the Premier Partner Program to drive tactical and strategic plans through the region in order to achieve sales goals. Recruit new reseller partners, establish their individual sales goals, monitor performance and actively engage partners into the process of outcome disciplines. Insure that the desired SATO standards of consistency, fairness and honesty are adhered to in all business situations.
Understand and maintain current knowledge on the company's products in order to effectively evangelize brand awareness, features, benefits and applications for SATO products. Keep informed on competitive products and services, promotional efforts, sales techniques, pricing and marketing policies. Utilize resources and perform research to determine sales patterns and strategies that can affect the company's mission. Periodical reporting your research back through company channels will promote discussion and support of the region's growth and competition game plan.
Individually motivate reseller partners to develop new SATO business. Evaluate each partner company's sales representatives and provide formal and informal training delivery in appropriate areas of product knowledge and solution offerings of SATO.
Ongoing maintenance of the established partner company's of SATO America.
- Minimum 5 years successful industry sales experience using consultative selling and closing skills in a technology environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills coupled with solid technical abilities. A demonstrated ability to close a sale that may consist of a long selling cycle.
- Must be technically savvy having a basic knowledge of PC level local and network hardware and host system understanding and communications. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook software. Experience with SalesForce.com and Oracle or other ERP system helpful.
- General understanding of RFID technology and applications.
- Must be strategic, willing to take action, customer focused, deal well with ambiguity, and have solid planning/organization skills and be effective at managing systems.
- Exhibits sound business acumen, possesses great integrity and has a demonstrated record of successfully influencing others.
- College degree a plus.
- A self-starter who can manage sales goals through prospecting, lead qualification, forecasting, resource allocation, account strategy and planning.
- Ability to manage a sales process, including negotiating sales opportunities to closure, through a deep understanding of a prospective customer buying process.
- Able to create and conduct formal presentations.
- Experience in developing product and solution offerings.
- Ability to work effectively with others across the organization.
- Ability to travel frequently to customer sites.
BusinessView all jobs at SATO America