SAS Full Time Supervisor
SAS Retail Services provides national retail merchandising services to a host of fortune 500 CPG companies, distributors, and wholesalers, within the grocery, mass, home/hardware, and drug channels.
We are looking to hire a Supervisor to lead a large team that effectively executes on merchandising needs within their assigned territory. The Supervisor will analyze and determine the most crucial needs of the customer, and align the organization and talent to deliver and execute on those needs. They will manage a team to ensure the optimal customer experience and support business objectives. The Supervisor will support the Program Director to utilize organizational resources and partner with the client to ensure retail business objectives are being met.
Our people are what make SAS Retail Services a great place to work. All of us work hard to win for the customer – some of the nation’s largest retailers — and that’s what makes it fun, the drive to do whatever it takes to get the job done. APPLY TODAY!
What We Offer
- Medical, Dental, Vision after 30 days.
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401(K) Plan
- Generous paid time off.
- Paid training and ongoing career development certifications and courses.
- Lead a team of up to 150 Retail Associates – responsible for all operational activity and personal decisions, including management of Associates their professional representation in the field at all times.
- Optimize customer satisfaction and loyalty by ensuring timely and accurate completion of retail projects.
- Support business objectives through placement of new items in stores, proper allocation of resources, and accurate reporting.
- Partner with leaders to drive initiatives, programs and services that enable the organization to deliver on its mission, strategies and goals.
- Ensure thorough communication to team members, including training, mentoring, and overseeing employee relations issues in partnership with HR.
- Conduct store audits to ensure all projects are accurately completed. Maintain customer expectations by confirming that all products meets customers’ shelf schematic standards.
- Collaborate with SAS Management on new business and revenue opportunities.
- Oversee the recruiting, interviewing, hiring and training of new Associates.
- Effectively manage expenses to ensure adherence to budget.
- Build rapport with the client to increase brand representation.
- Other duties as needed.
- Required: Associates degree or 4+ years of applicable experience, 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Adaptable and flexibly to changing priorities, deadlines, demands and assignments while maintaining cohesive and harmonious relationships.
- Ability to prioritize with multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, able to work effectively in web-based applications.
- Experience in delegating responsibility, training and evaluating performance.