Remote Staff Accountant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At our Company, we grow People, Brands, and Businesses! We are looking for a detailed and results-driven Staff Accountant to prepare financial statements and analyze information from the general ledger system. Use this opportunity to showcase your strong Excel, reconciliation, and journal entries skills in order to assist in maintaining and providing full support to the Accounting team. As part of our winning team, you’ll receive top-tier training, competitive base salary, and a comprehensive benefits package all with the opportunity for career growth.
Take this opportunity to join North America’s leading business solutions provider and build your career working with amazing people in a growing industry! Apply today!
What we offer:
- Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401(k) with company match
- Training and Career Development
- Generous Paid Time-Off
- Ensure accurate financial results by preparing the financial data for the closing of the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting cycles.
- Protect the Company’s financial assets by reconciling the company’s bank accounts to the General ledger (GL) and preparing journal entries.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information preparing spreadsheets and reports.
- Perform expense report tracking administration including; audit of reports on an as-needed basis.
- Assist with maintaining regional accounting records by complying with the company records retention policy.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- 1-3 years of experience in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines
- Strong General Ledger (GL) management skills
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office with a focus on Excel
The Staff Accountant (SA) assists in preparation of general ledger entries in conformity with General Accepted Accounting principles for assigned offices within designated region.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
General Ledger and Accounting Cycle
- Ensure accurate financial results by preparing the financial data for the closing of the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting cycles
- Document financial transactions by entering account information into General Ledger to include; revenue and accounts receivable entry and general ledger reclassifications
Financial Data Analysis
- Protect the Company’s financial assets by reconciling the company’s bank accounts to the General ledger and preparing journal entries
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information preparing spreadsheets and reports
- Substantiate financial transactions by assisting with preparation of quarterly reconciliations
- Perform expense report tracking administration (Concur) including; audit of reports on a as needed basis
Prepare Trade or Miscellaneous Receivable Invoices
Assist with maintaining regional accounting records by complying with the company records retention policy
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Accounting, Finance or equivalent job-related experience
1-3 years of experience in Accounting or equivalent job-related experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Good interpersonal skills
Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines
Good written communication and verbal communication skills
Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
PREFER SOMEONE WHO LIVES IN MOUNTAIN OR PST TIME ZONES.
SAS Retail Services
AddressSaint Louis, MO
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at SAS Retail Services
Get fresh Staff Accountant 2 jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.