Pediatric Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Medical Assistant (MA)
Job Scope. The LPN or MA will maintain a provider’s schedule, room patients, and be the first line to patient care. The selected individual will work to provide our patients with the totality of treatment they need to not just grow but thrive. We consider our patients an extension of our own office family and need someone who wants to join a tight-knit group of professionals making a difference in our patients lives.
Duties & Responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all patients
- Understand the practice’s goals and patient engagement structure
- Understand and anticipate customer service needs, delivering high quality service and results
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards
- Utilize our internal Electronic Health Record System (Athena), and hospital-based Electronic Health Records System (EPIC)
- Follow HIPAA guidelines, policies and procedures
- Oversee Care Coordination of complex patients
- Manage patient and prescription calls/inquiries/portal messages; obtain pending results and complete required paperwork; coordinate home therapies
- Assist in the completion of pre-visit plan for all patients
- Provide care for patients including but not limited to performing vitals, screenings, and obtaining patient histories; prep and administer immunizations and injections
- Stock and clean exam rooms
- Keep a clean, safe and organized work environment for patients and staff
- Attend all necessary meetings
- Follow OSHA guidelines, policies and procedures
- Follow Sartell Pediatrics policies and procedures
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Required Skills & Experience.
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity and ability to work effectively with patient and patient families, personnel, medical staff and the general public
- Ability to prioritize multiple patient needs and assignments
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to treat sensitive/confidential information with appropriate discretion
- Works well under pressure; adheres to deadlines
- Flexible team player; ability to work additional hours as needed, sometimes on short notice
- Three or more years of experience in a pediatric outpatient clinic setting
- X-ray and/or phlebotomy experience preferred
Licenses and Certifications
- Licensed Practical Nurse Licensure or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) in the State of Minnesota
- Basic Life Support (BLS) BLS certified
- Scheduled work hours are variable Monday through Friday, potentially including some evening hours
SARTELL PEDIATRICS, P.ASartell, MN
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.