The Master Electrician is responsible for supervising the Facilities Electricians and assisting the Director of Facilities and Chief Engineer and under their direction oversees the Facilities Department operations on a daily/shift basis. All functions are to be performed within the guidelines of the Saracen Casino Resort’s policies and procedures, Internal Control Standards and objectives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Trains staff as necessary.
- Assists with day to day operations.
- Establishes procedures and directs personnel in the efficient operation of facilities.
- Recommends changes in equipment or facilities that would improve service and/or efficiency of the operations.
- Prepares special reports, maintains necessary records and files.
- Instructs personnel in safety policies and procedures.
- Recommends changes in the operation of facilities.
- Provides exceptional customer service to all patrons and communicates in a pleasant, friendly, and professional manner at all times. Maintains a professional work environment with supervisors and staff.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Attends all necessary training meetings.
- Assist in other projects, as directed.
- Duties, responsibilities, requirements and expectations pertaining to this job are subject to change as needed. Hours are determined by 24-hour schedule.
- Outstanding example of and a credit to Saracen Casino Resort
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age or older upon employment.
- High school diploma or its equivalency preferred.
- Previous experience in facilities, preferably in the casino industry.
- Must have experience using purchasing software and Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must present a well-groomed and professional appearance.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English. Must be able to respond to visual and oral cues.
- Ability to write routine correspondence and to speak effectively to the public, employees and customers.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the customers and employees.
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Must be able to be approved for and maintain a valid gaming license.
- Applicants must be able to substantiate a safe driving record within the parameters acceptable to our liability insurance carrier.
- Work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Employment is contingent upon a favorable outcome of a background investigation and drug screening.
- Must have and maintain Journeyman’s Electrical License.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Must have the physical ability to work with extreme weather as well as the ability to lift 80 lbs, to squat, stand or bend repeatedly.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and move through all areas of the casino.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, employees, and members of the business community in all situations.
Saracen Casino is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SARACEN DEVELOPMENT LLCPine Bluff, AR
Get fresh Master Electrician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.