Property Accountant – Staff Accountant
SANTÉ Realty Investments
Job Description (Purpose)
Join our fast-paced Real Estate Investment and Property Management Accounting Team:
As a member of our Accounting team our perfect candidate has strong communication and computer skills with an accounting background and accounting software experience.
You must be self-driven, motivated with a positive attitude, Full Cycle Accounting knowledge and have strong documentation habits. Experience and knowledge should include a clear understanding of property management accounting issues and proficiency in some property management accounting software, as well as clear understanding of property management issues and multi-entity/property needs. Experience with cloud-based accounting and document storage applications is a plus, and knowledge of AppFolio is a major plus.
Our company seeks an experienced professional to help us optimize a rapidly growing accounting department. Personality, technical accounting knowledge and strong communication skills are the key. This person will be working with all levels of transactions and personnel in the company and must have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment and shift gears quickly. You must be self-driven, motivated with a positive attitude and strong documentation habits.
Responsibilities Include: (Success Criteria)
· Examine Income Statements and Balance Sheets to ensure accuracy
· Analyze and Modify Financial Reports as Needed
· Prepare Financial Management Reports for Monthly Meetings
· Organize and Maintain Financial Records
· Create Appropriate Adjusting Journal Entries
· Balance Inter-company Transactions
· Timely and accurate recording of payables and cash disbursements for multiple properties
· Oversee Bank Reconciliations
· Champion AppFolio Accounts Receivable Module
· Support the processing of Payroll
· Assist with Employee Onboarding and related HR accounting requirements
· Set up New Bank Accounts in AppFolio as Needed
· Prepare 1099’s and Assist with Vendor Management
· General Bookkeeping, Data and Bill entry into AppFolio software
· Accountable for timely and accurate recording of payables and cash disbursements for multiple properties·
· Assist operations team with property manager accounting training
· Collaborate with other team members to assure timely, accurate and consistent reporting across all properties
· Negotiating with vendors to receive appropriate payment terms to increase company profit and avoid unnecessary finance charges
· Automating any manual accounting and financial reporting or analysis with accounting software and by implementing and creating standard operating procedures
· Acting as a liaison for the accounting department in order to solve accounts payable disputes
· Completing month-end closing reviews, procedures and corrections as needed.
Desired Skills & Experience (Ideal Outcome)
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics Preferred
· 3+ years in Property Management Accounting/Bookkeeping Experience
· Positive, Friendly Attitude
· Extremely Organized Focused on Timeliness, Accuracy and Process Improvement
· Highly proficient in Excel and Microsoft word
· Team Player with Great Communication and Documentation Skills
· Extremely detail-oriented, organized and able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
· Flexible in terms of responsibilities and responsiveness with a positive can-do spirit
· Natural ability to multitask and prioritize in a dynamic environment
· Quick learner - have a knack to figure out new systems and adapt on the go
· Independent - the ability to work under little direction and exercise sound judgment when making time-sensitive decisions
· Problem solver - you will be able to actively find a creative solution efficiently and proactively
· Expert level written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
· Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
· People love working with you because you are compassionate and stay cool under pressure matched with your drive to get stuff done.
Work performed in a general office environment. May require extended hours during peak periods. Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required as job duties demand.
At SANTÉ Realty Investments, our PURPOSE is to Impact the Lives of Children by Championing Money Making Real Estate Investments.
Our firm was named SANTÉ (meaning “to your health” in French) to communicate the mission of the company to obtain consistent real estate investment cash flow to help financially support medical treatments for our founder’s daughter, who suffers from a severe genetic disorder called Rett Syndrome.
Today, we strive to achieve this goal by utilizing a proven 5-step unique process. The components of this unique process are 1. SANTÉ Acquisition Advantage™, 2. SANTÉ Due Diligence Discovery™, 3. SANTÉ Renovation Refresher™, 4. SANTÉ Asset Management Method™, and 5. SANTÉ Cash Flow Maximizer™.
Our unique process results in greater secured returns to our investor partners and contributes to the global funding of Rett Syndrome therapies, treatments, and ultimately a cure.
Team members not only know that they work at SANTÉ for a higher purpose, but they do so by aligning with the foundational pillars of our firm’s culture. Our specific culture is encompassed in our Core Values.
1. Stand Tall (by being Transparent, Honest, Real, & Confidently Proud)
2. Intellectually Curious (by Always Learning, Growing, being Smart and Resourceful and Asking Good Questions)
3. Relentless Progress (by being Motivated, Driven, Committed, Hardworking & having a Sense of Urgency)
4. Own It (by being Accountable, Dependable with No Fluff & by Hitting the Deadline)
5. No Jerks (by being Respectful, Professional, Mature and having a Positive Attitude)