SANTE is seeking an experienced Onsite Property Manager to join our team!
Onsite Property Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Motivation for Sales, Meeting Sales Goals, Negotiation, Selling to Customer Needs, Territory Management, Closing Skills, Prospecting Skills, Professionalism, Internal Communications, Listening, Communication Processes
Residential property managers help investment property owners and homeowners in preserving and increasing the value of their real estate investments. They manage the day-to-day financial operations of the property, including finding and placing qualified tenants, and they ensure the property is in good working order.
100 Unit Complex
Marketing – keeps properties occupied with qualified tenants through advertising, lead follow up, property showings for prospective tenants.
Tenant Relations – develops rental agreements, selects qualified tenants, collects deposits and rents, enforces terms of rental agreements, resolves tenant complaints, oversees eviction proceedings if necessary.
Facilities Management – schedules maintenance and repairs, negotiates contracts with vendors, regularly inspects property to ensure it is in good working order, quickly resolves emergency maintenance issues.
Financial Reporting – keeps financial records from property operations, creates monthly financial reports for property owner.
Owner Relations – keeps open dialogue with property owner on vacancies, tenants, physical condition of property, financial issues.
Knowledge & Skills Needed
● Familiar with applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations
● Strong interpersonal & business communication skills
● High level of organization and attention to detail
● Competence with office management software
● Knowledge of financial reporting
● Licensed Real Estate Broker (in most states)
Responsible for the overall management of assigned residential, industrial or commercial properties to satisfy the requirements of the ownership and tenants, to preserve and increase the value and integrity of the properties and to meet the financial objectives of the ownership and management.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
● implement marketing initiatives to achieve occupancy goals
● manage and control advertising budgets
● advertise and fill vacancies
● obtain referrals from existing tenants
● process applications and follow up with applicants
● promote and show properties to prospective tenants
● interview, qualify and place tenants
● maintain updated availability reports
● keep rental at optimum capacity
● maintain in-depth knowledge of market conditions
● negotiate, prepare and enforce leases
● complete all required paperwork for new tenants
● collect security deposits
● ensure the premises is ready for new occupants
● maintain all statutory required records
● ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations
● enforce terms of rental agreements
● establish appropriate rental rates by conducting market research, determining costs and considering profit goals
● prepare and distribute monthly statements
● ensure timely payments and collections
● minimize rental arrears
● coordinate default proceedings
● schedule expenditures
● check and pay invoices
● prepare annual budgets
● analyze and correct budget variances
● keep accurate and up-to-date financial records
● prepare weekly and monthly financial reports
● orient new tenants to the property
● investigate and resolve resident complaints and concerns in a timely and efficient manner
● enforce occupancy policies and procedures
● maintain timely communications with residents and tenants
● monitor and complete maintenance and repairs timeously and cost-effectively
● ensure security of premises and maintain security devices
● organize incoming and outgoing inspections and prepare inspection reports
● implement preventative maintenance programs
● oversee capital improvement projects
● negotiate and manage contracts with outside vendors
● hire, train and evaluate property staff
● direct and control all personnel and resources to ensure property is properly maintained and owner objectives met
Education and Experience
● degree may be preferred
● understanding of financial and accounting principals
● understanding of marketing and customer service principles
● working knowledge of marketing and sales activities
● working knowledge of budgets and financial statements
● working knowledge of contracts and agreements
● working knowledge of building and grounds maintenance
● computer proficiency including MS Office and property management software
● knowledge of relevant local, state and federal legislation and regulations
● Real Estate License required in some states
● BOMA industry-standard designations may be required
● communication skills
● negotiation skills
● customer service orientation
● planning and organizing
● attention to detail
● resource management
● data collection and management
● supervisory skills
● Maintains property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints; enforcing rules of occupancy; inspecting vacant units and completing repairs; planning renovations; contracting with landscaping and snow removal services
● Maintains building systems by contracting for maintenance services; supervising repairs.
● Enforces occupancy policies and procedures by confronting violators.
● Attracts tenants by advertising vacancies; obtaining referrals from current tenants; explaining advantages of location and services; showing units.
● Establishes rental rate by surveying local rental rates; calculating overhead costs, depreciation, taxes, and profit goals.
● Contracts with tenants by negotiating leases; collecting security deposit.
● Accomplishes financial objectives by collecting rents; paying bills; forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
● Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.Secures property by contracting with security patrol service; installing and maintaining security devices; establishing and enforcing precautionary policies and procedures; responding to emergencies.