Senior Software Engineer (REMOTE)
- Expired: August 30, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
SANS Institute (SANS) was established in 1989 as a cooperative research and education organization. In the next 25 years it grew to become the most trusted and, by far, the largest source for information security training and security certification in the world reaching more than 300,000 security professionals around the world today, with around 60,000 having been granted Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) security certifications - the leading certification that provides assurance to employers that their people and prospective hires can actually do the job. At the heart of SANS are the many security practitioners - from auditors and network administrators to chief information security officers, all sharing the lessons they learn and jointly finding solutions to the challenges they face - in varied global organizations from corporations to universities working together to help the entire information security community.
Join the SANS Team
At SANS, our culture is defined by Mission, Brand, People. Our goal is to hire people who understand the importance of continuing to fight against the "bad guys" (Mission) while delivering the highest quality training (Brand) to our students. We want employees whose personal values align well with our culture of fairness, honesty, customer focus, and pragmatic approach (People).
Summary of Position
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team within the Product Development business unit, with an interest in developing web applications with a security-first mindset. This candidate will work as part of a collaborative team to discover, validate, and build solutions to solve business problems using product, agile, and DevOps practices.
- Developing software solutions as part of a cross-functional team
- Producing quality code with automated test coverage
- Producing technical documentation as needed
- Operating with a DevOps mentality of build & run applications
- Actively sharing in the responsibility for meeting team commitments
- Willingness to work across the full web stack to develop efficient solutions
- Ability to coach/mentor other engineers, helping them devise and deliver solutions that are architecturally sound.
- Initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes to solve problems
- Passion for implementing practical solutions and creating delightful customer experiences
- Desire to help implement reusable, scalable, maintainable, and well-tested solutions
- Interest in security-first mindset and secure coding practices
- Ability to operate respectfully and effectively as part of a team
- Other duties as assigned.
Core Skills and Behaviors
Building Relationships / Communication / Conflict Resolution / Navigating in a Virtual Environmental / Core Values / Operational Excellence / Customer Focus / Problem Solving / Influencing / / Self-Awareness
Skills, Experience, and Education
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent industry experience
- At least 6 years experience designing and developing modern web software
- Strong hands-on experience developing Web Applications using Python, Node, PHP, or other modern web technologies.
- Strong experience in creating and troubleshooting Rest API endpoints.
- Experience with Agile, SDLC, and modern development standards and best practices (OOP, API's, TDD)
- Familiarity with monitoring/alerting software (New Relic, Site24/7, Pingdom, OpsGenie, or other)
- Familiarity with standard branching and versioning via Git & Gitflow.
- Familiarity with DevOps, specifically CI/CD pipelines using AWS, Docker Containers, ECS/Fargate
- Understanding of n-tier architecture and service-oriented architectures
Individual Contributor, reports to Engineering Manager, Live Online
Remote work environment
Equal Opportunity Employer
SANS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact SANS Human Resources.
TechnologyView all jobs at SANS Institute
Get fresh Research Software Developer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.