- Expired: April 22, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
The salary range displayed represents the typical salary of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
Do you have prior Custodian experience and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with a dynamic team? If you enjoy contributing to a clean atmosphere and have knowledge of safety hazards and safe chemical handling, we'd love for you to apply for our Custodian position at Regional Medical Center working in our Surgical Services Department.
What you'll need:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Prior custodial experience in healthcare setting preferred. Other custodial and cleaning experience may be accepted.
- Acceptable driving record allowing individual to be insured and approved to drive company vehicles. Approval must be maintained annually.
- Knowledge of chemicals used for cleaning in healthcare setting. Experience in use of heavier equipment to include rotary buffer, high speed buffers, and carpet extractors.
- Experience in building maintenance repair required
What you'll do:
- Monitors boiler and other selected instrument gauges and meters to assure proper equipment operation as well as proper documentation while making these rounds.
- Respond to code blue calls and assists as needed. May be called upon to serve as transportation for supplies or critically needed equipment during an incident.
- Perform simple, minor repairs on equipment and facilities.
- Adheres to the hospitals specific guidelines for Infection Control, wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Clean hard floors to include: dust mopping, damp mopping using a microfiber mop or wet mop and disinfectant; spot mopping spills immediately, using wet floor signs anytime the floor is wet; buffing with either rotary of high speed buffers; stripping and waxing floors when the finish can no longer be buffed to a shine.
- Proper Chemical Usage, being familiar with all chemicals provided for specific use. .
- Gathers and disposes of trash from all types of containers.
- Clean snow and debris from sidewalks.
- Covers for or assist housekeepers as needed, including terminal cleans, room cleaning and other basic housekeeper responsibilities, including cleaning of offsite clinics.
Prior floor cleaning experience and a clean driving record and be eligible for company driver insurability.
We Take Care of Our People
As the largest employer in the San Luis Valley, we commit to providing our employees with quality and affordable benefits to complement a fulfilling work experience and help balance life experiences and needs. To show our appreciation of your hard work, we offer a competitive and comprehensive total benefits package, including:
- Full medical, dental and vision plans to suit the needs of you and your family, with low-cost copays and deductibles, all without high out-of-pocket expenses.
- No out-of-pocket cost forAirMedCare Network Membership for those enrolled in a SLV Health medical plan.
- Enjoy 21 days of Paid Time Off in your first year and a generous Sick Leave program, with accruals starting on your first day!
- Start saving with Retirement plans available from day one, providing up to 5% employer match after one year of employment.
- Free life and disability insurance benefits for full-time employees with the opportunity to purchase additional coverage at low costs.
- Add to your benefit package with a variety of voluntary benefits such as identity theft protection, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts and more.
- Take care of yourself with our free on-site 24-hour employee health center, and discounts to a selection of local fitness/recreational centers.
- Keep learning by utilizing our education program benefits to foster your growth and development.
- Give back to the community with multiple opportunities throughout the year to volunteer with our own non-profit SLV Health Foundation and other SLV- and community-sponsored events.
- Discounts on cell-phone plans, ski/snowboard lift tickets, Dell computers, local pools, Adams State University functions and more!
- Your family is our family so our employees and their family members have access to our employee support services, including up to four free counseling sessions to assist with work/life solutions.
Like to learn more? Click here for more information on our employee benefits program!
San Luis Valley Health
Real EstateView all jobs at San Luis Valley Health
Get fresh Custodian Ii jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.