Junior Systems Engineer
Job ID: 2315361
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, US
Date Posted: 2023-12-08
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking a highly motivated Junior Systems Engineer to provide SETA support to SAIC’s Prime Program, Landmark AOS in Chantilly, VA. Landmark AOS is a large SETA program, supporting the NRO’s Ground Enterprise Directorate (GED), responsible for the acquisition of systems over the complete end-to-end life cycle.
As a Junior Systems Engineer you will provide Systems Engineering Technical Advisory (SETA) support for a range of system engineering efforts with a focus on planning, scheduling, and monitoring/tracking programs with varying degrees of required technical expertise, continuity of effort and value-added judgment to advise and assist the customer.
Responsibilities to include
- Provide systems engineering, planning and scheduling support for multi-faceted Government sponsored acquisition efforts.
- Maintain situational awareness of development activities through ongoing assessment of program status while proactively identifying risks and communicating with leadership.
- Technical and programmatic support through the entire project life cycle including concept development, system definition, acquisition planning, source selection, system design, development, integration and test, system delivery, and mission operations.
- Review development contractor’s documents and procedures, requirements flowdown, verification methodologies, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), Interface Control Documents (ICDs) and test plans to ensure program success.
- Provide support for enterprise Request for Change (RFC) reviews and Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), submitting recommendations including impacts to programs.
- Coordinates, participates, and makes recommendations in system engineering and technical exchange meetings (TEMs) between program contractors and enterprise elements and provides technical input to program briefings and other documents as needed.
- Collaborate across multiple teams to refine requirements and system trades.
- Review and assess impact of proposed scope changes to future architectures.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors in STEM domain or related field and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience. An additional 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Active Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
- Demonstrated experience supporting Intelligence Community (IC) customers
- Knowledge of space and/or ground systems, hardware, software, operations, and their interdependence
- Working familiarity with MS Project
- Strong customer service skills, teaming skills, and the ability to collaborate within a cross-functional team
- Excellent verbal/written communications and the ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to changing priorities
- Must be proficient using MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), MS Outlook
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.