is seeking an experienced Graphic Designer to apply extensive knowledge of web
service and browser based technologies to support customer web design
- Create designs for complex client web and mobile applicationsutilizing current industry programming techniques.
- Partner with internal and external teams and application users toconceptualize, design, and prototype excellent user experiences whilemaintaining functionality and simple workflows.
- Participate in design activities to identify new product ideas andto optimize existing products.
- Research and implement modern web technologies to createinnovative user interfaces and improve workflow efficiency.
- Develop and share recommendations on industry best practices oninformation architecture, user experience, accessibility compliance, and use ofgraphics, mobile optimization, responsiveness and other web best practices.
- Develop estimates on scope and duration of work required forindividuals or team(s) to deliver client requirements.
- Design new user-facing products by transforming an idea fromscientific presentations to websites to online productivity tools.
- Utilize the NGA DevOps systems and tools (Git, Jenkins, etc.) toensure compliant code and ensure best practices.
- Build efficient, reusable libraries of design information forfuture use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Identify and troubleshoot customer issues on NGA's contentmanagement system (permissions, api, web parts)
- Collaborate with UI/UX team members during design and contentreviews to refine user experiences.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure best practices.
- Utilize XML-parsing, XSLT, CSS, Web Services and REST of multiplesystems including Microsoft SharePoint. Possess associated technical knowledgeof admin and servers associated with SharePoint such as SQL Serveradministration, Windows Server Administration, active directory control, etc.
- Apply results ofweb usability testing (e.g., usability studies, creation of user profiles orpersonas, participatory design, surveys, heuristic evaluations, and cognitivewalkthroughs) to development of applications and web sites.
- Certificateand/or bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience within field and 11 yearsof experience.
- Demonstrated experience implementing front-end,user experience design and development.
- Demonstrated experience applying best practicesfor web accessibility, usability, and technical implementation.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining a web and/orCMS applications.
- Able to apply and hold a TS/SCI clearance with a Poly.
- Minimum 7 years' experience implementingindustry standards for user experience methodologies, design technicalresources, and web best practices.
- Minimum 2 years' experience developing incloud-based DevOps environment.
- Minimum 1 year experience with business workflowand appropriate capabilities/tools (e.g. JIRA, etc.).
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability