Job ID: 2311112
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, US
Date Posted: 2023-11-01
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC’s National Intelligence Community (NIC) Business Unit, USG Mission and Information Technology Division, provides solutions and services supporting digital modernization programs in areas such as systems engineering, multi-cloud computing, cybersecurity, data science and analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning, quantum computing, application development, SecDevOps, cloud network operations, and secure communications.
We are seeking highly motivated Engineers to leverage their expertise and provide engineering support in a number of domain areas, including data, hardware, software, systems, and networks. Qualified candidates from entry-level to subject matter expertise (SME) are welcomed to apply. Join our team today and help us #BringOnTomorrow!
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Ability to provide resources, technical information, and expertise to efficiently and effectively support the Sponsor’s mission lifecycle, including mission requirements, identification, access identification and definition capability development, and integration in support of mission activities
- Ensuring mission integrity, performance, and reliability of the Sponsor’s systems through thorough documentation, requirements reviews, and testing
- Leading and contributing to technical discussions during Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs) and monthly technical status reviews, assigning and monitoring closure of action items, and coordinating with other subject matter experts and Integrated Project Team (IPT) leads in order to identify new technology trends, system improvements, and other technical impacts to the Sponsor’s mission
- Identifying and prioritizing systems engineering risks, creating risk registers, proactively developing mitigation plans, assigning and monitoring closure of action items, and coordinating with other subject matter experts and IPT leads upon completing an independent assessment of the applicable project
- Analyzing technical challenges, proposing recommended courses of action, and documenting the findings and recommendations to ensure mission success
- Identifying and evaluating opportunities to improve mission effectiveness or efficiency through recommendations of new applications, technologies, and techniques
- Assessing system technical requirements and communicating potential issues along with actionable recommendations for mitigation or correction of issues
- Developing and/or recommending multiple end-to-end system architectures and/or operations and maintenance plans in support of collection systems and missions, including at a minimum, networks, facilities, and back-haul communications infrastructure
- Identifying efficiencies between systems
- Discovering and forecasting viable technologies via trade space analysis, technology transfer support, development support, and implementation support in order to advance the Sponsor’s mission capabilities
- Writing, reviewing, and editing trade studies and other relevant technical analysis for new technologies
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline or related field
- Years of relevant experience:
- 0-2 (Entry)
- 3-5 (Fundamental)
- 6-10 (Senior)
- 11-15 (Expert)
- 16+ (SME)
- Master’s Degree in an Engineering discipline or related field
SAIC accepts applications on an ongoing basis and there is no deadline.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
Create or sign into a ZipRecruiter account, and then apply on the company site¹
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.