Business Development Director - Army Business Unit
- $225,000 Yearly
Job ID: 2316343
Location: REMOTE WORK, VA, US
Date Posted: 2023-12-06
Category: Business Development
Subcategory: Business Dev
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is looking for a Business Development Director to provide business development and solutions development support for Army C5ISR, Enterprise IT (EIT), and Systems Integration and Delivery (SID) growth in the Army Pacific Theater. SAIC requires growth-minded professionals who think differently about business development and proactively create and shape opportunities through customer relationships and innovative solutions well before competitors are aware, and throughout the BD and solutioning cycle.
The Business Development Director will pro-actively create, shape, and help to win new contract opportunities leveraging tools and processes to analyze, develop and manage a dynamic, multi-year pipeline of opportunities in various stages of maturity. This position reports to SAIC’s Business Development Lead for the C5ISR Operations within the Army Business Unit. The location for this role is Hawaii/remote.
The Business Development Director will work as an integral part of the C5ISR Account/portfolio, and support SAIC growth opportunities for EIT and SID. The Business Development Director will set high pWIN conditions for successful opportunity management, and solution development through customer engagements and internal SAIC condition setting. This individual will collaborate closely with Army BU leadership and VP Account Leads to identify opportunities, develop solutions, and define an implementation strategy pursuant to bid and proposal processes. The position will also work closely with Army Business Unit and Innovation Factories to identify and customize organic capabilities and partnering opportunities to deliver critical capabilities across the Army’s Pacific Theater portfolio, including current contracts and future opportunities. The Business Development Director will support customer engagement strategies, call plans, assist with opportunity qualification, provide input on initial pursue/no pursue decision, recommend teaming for specific opportunities, and support capture and proposal development/reviews recommending action plans and coordinating messaging and engagement between other SAIC business units.
The successful candidate will:
- Be clearly conversant with Army Pacific Theater priorities and opportunities; the ideal candidate has several years of Army Pacific Theater operational and/or technical experience with Army/DoD programs of record.
- Demonstrate extensive expertise in Army C5ISR and intel operations, organizations, capability requirements, and corresponding solutions implementation.
- Maintain an extensive network of contacts throughout the Army Pacific Theater and leverage those relationships to support lead generation and business growth through progressive customer engagements.
- Must be a proven self-starter with a high degree of discipline and attention to detail. Be results driven, participating in all aspects of SAIC’s business development lifecycle that results in the award of programs.
- Team Oriented. Work well in a highly productive, highly accountable, small team environment.
- Demonstrated communications and interpersonal soft skills.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree plus eighteen (18) years or more of related experience; additional years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- A minimum five years of experience in working C5ISR portfolios, services, and solutions.
- A minimum five years experience developing and implementing capabilities solutions for complex capability challenges within the Army C5ISR Enterprise (commercial or Government).
- Demonstrated ability to translate customer technical requirements into viable solutions leveraging SAIC and partner technologies and services.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills working with technical leaders and business executives within SAIC, with DoD/Army customers, and with teammates and subcontractors.
- U.S. Citizen with or able to obtain a Top Secret clearance. (active TS clearance is highly desirable)
- Up to 25% travel
Target salary range: More than $225,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
Get fresh Business Development Director - Army Business Unit jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.