SAIC is a
leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information
technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver
systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex
government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated
technology services. The company is headquartered in Reston, Va. We are looking
for an experienced Controller Training Contract (CTC) Administrative Assistant to
join the SAIC TEAM providing air traffic controller training services for the
Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA).
Aviation Administration (FAA) is responsible for ensuring that air traffic
control specialists provide the flying public with a high level of safety and professionalism.
A well-trained Air Traffic Control (ATC) workforce plays an essential role in
fulfilling this responsibility. The FAA employs more than 14,000 air traffic
controllers. They work in air traffic facilities of varying sizes, safely
separating more than 50,000 aircraft in the National Airspace System (NAS) each
such air traffic services, the FAA trains new air traffic control specialists
and provides recurrent training to current air traffic control specialists. The
FAA utilizes Contractor-provided instructional services at FAA ATC facilities throughout
the U.S. and its Territories to ensure these training needs are met. The scope
of the contractor-provided services includes all training and training program
support to successfully train and prepare students to become fully certified
air traffic controllers. SAIC must provide training and training related
support services as required for all types and levels of ATC facilities. The
selected candidate will support training requirements at the Honolulu
Control Facility at Honolulu, HI.
The position of Administrative Assistant II is responsible
for performing and coordinating office administrative activities and storing,
retrieving, and integrating information for dissemination to staff and clients.
This position is responsible for a variety of administrative and clerical
duties necessary to run an organization. AAII must possess a strong working
knowledge of a variety of office equipment, such as fax machines, photocopiers,
scanners, and videoconferencing and telephone systems. AAII must be proficient
with computers as to create spreadsheets, compose correspondence, manage
databases; and create error free reports and documents. The AAII is responsible
for appropriately and confidentially, when necessary, accessing, entering and
extracting information from designated government databases. AAII may occasionally coordinate travel arrangement,
as well as process payroll and approve timesheets.
Additional duties may include, butneed not be limited to:
- Performing and coordinating anoffice's administrative activities
- Storing, retrieving, and integratinginformation for dissemination to staff and customers.
- Knowledge of: fax machines, photocopiers, scanners, andvideoconferencing and telephone systems
- Proficient with computers andinternet
- Skilled negotiating with vendors topurchase supplies, manage areas such as stockrooms and retrieve data fromvarious sources
- Serveas information and communication managers for an office
- Plan/schedulemeetings and appointments
- Organizeand maintain paper and electronic files
- Manageprojects, conduct research, and disseminate information by using thetelephone, mail services, web sites, and e-mail.
- Handletravel arrangements.
- Monitor administrativeactivities, ensure compliance with administrative procedures, rules,regulations, and statutes.
- Review the efficiency ofadministrative procedures within the office and recommend improvements.
- Monitor expenditures andreceipts; ensuring expenditures are coded in compliance with fundingsource restrictions and tracking requirements. Recommend solutions forproblems or unique situations to supervisor.
- Assist Hiring Manager inpreparing interview packages and correspondence for instructionalcandidates. This position will support the operational efforts ofrecruitment requests by verifying accuracy of position information, scope,and duration of recruitment; reviewing and making suggestions to improveselection criteria, interview questions, and rating devices; evaluatingapplicant education and experience to verify applicant meets minimumqualifications; and reviewing internal selection process to determine ifall procedural requirements have been met.
- Calculate or audit timesheets,monitor instruction time and pay differential including a variety ofstandard premium pays such as overtime, shift differentials, hazard,recall and standby; reviewing and correcting calculations and codingcompleted by other staff.
- Five (5) years of experienceoperating Windows and associated Microsoft Office applications, including: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.
- The capability to enter and extractinformation from designated Government database programs as required by theauthorized Training Administrator (TA).
- The ability to format and producehigh quality and error free documents in response to program requirements.
- The Administrative Assistant II mustalso possess strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to workindependently.
- Administrative experience in agovernment facility.
- This position does not require FAAcertification.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability