Wendy's Wonderful Kids Recruiter
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SAFY is seeking a full time Wendy’s Wonderful Kids Recruiter for our Cleveland division in Ohio.
As a Wendy’s Wonderful Kids Recruiter, you will be responsible for the effective, aggressive, and accountable recruitment activities for children in need of adoption.
Who We Are
At SAFY, our mission is Preserving Families & Securing Futures. For over 35 years, our work has rested on a single, radical idea – children belong in families. We believe that every child and family deserves the opportunity to reach their full potential. We are an extraordinary team of 500 employees in seven states providing services such as Family Preservation & Reunification, Behavioral Health, Therapeutic Foster Care, Adoption Services and Older Youth Services so the families and children we serve can build resilience and thrive.
What You’ll Do
- Make contact with child’s caseworker upon referral to become familiar with the child’s history and current placement, and follow up with the worker monthly. Meet with each child monthly to form a relationship, facilitate an assessment of the child’s readiness for adoption, and prepare a custom adoption recruitment plan.
- Conduct a thorough review of the case records with the intent of identifying starting points of familiar circles of family, friends, neighbors, and finally reaching out to the community. Asses the child’s strengths, challenges, desires and preparedness for adoption, and follow up with the caseworker to be sure the child’s needs are being met.
- Create a written assessment of the child and update it quarterly. This assessment will assist the recruiter in developing an appropriate child specific recruitment plan, which will also be updated quarterly and should include the child’s input. Enter required information into SAFY Data base system in a timely fashion.
- Prepare the child and perspective family for adoption by using handouts, adoption resources, videos, books, and other adoption preparation tools. Reach out to a network of providers for each child including: caseworker, foster parent, attorney, CASA, therapist, mentor etc., and conduct a diligent search for connections for each child.
- Assist in conducting and/or attend community events or child welfare related conferences to recruit families for specific children.
- Accept and expeditiously complete any other assignments as so directed.
- Participate in supervision as required.
- Attend in-service training as well as seminars, workshops and other educational programs to achieve relevant education hours per year to enhance professional and job related skills. Other: Attend the Dave Thomas Foundation annual conference, annual Adoption Forum (or equivalent conference) and SNAP Council meetings to help identify perspective families for children.
- Attend adoption training and other special events as schedule permits.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of SAFY staff by participating in joint meetings, and problem identification and resolution.
- Establish and maintain a supportive and positive working relationship with youth, foster parents, referring agencies, and other SAFY stake holders.
- Attend relevant in-house and external seminars, trainings, conferences and workshops to develop and enhance knowledge in the designated area as well as achieve relevant education hours per year to enhance professional and job related skills.
- Attends required meetings within division, region, and central office (team and/or community partners).
- Participate in assigned committees and chairs if so appointed. If appointed, maintains liaisons with state and national organizations.
- Meets regularly with supervisor to discuss issues and performance.
- Submit monthly/quarterly reports to immediate supervisor.
- Sensitive and responsive to the cultural differences of staff, SAFY youth, foster parents, referral sources and the public.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to serve the children and families in our care. You’ll be right at home if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, understand the power of diversity, advocate for equity, aspire to lead through inclusion, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of social work, counseling, psychology, sociology, child & family studies, or other approved related field of human services. Master’s degree preferred.
- Two years of child welfare experience
What We Offer
- Targeted hiring range - $37,000-$48,000
- Compensation is commensurate with transferrable experience, education and licensure of candidate, along with internal equity and budgeted amount for the role.
- Comprehensive benefit plan options including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and flexible spending account options
- 401(k) Retirement plan with company match
- 12 paid holidays per year and generous sick & vacation time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption assistance
- Referral bonus program
- Leave donation program
- Professional Development & reimbursement for outside clinical supervision
- Mileage reimbursement
- Company paid cell phone or stipend
SAFY is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. SAFY does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, arrest record, conviction record, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of SAFY, including recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, and administering all personnel actions, such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs or terminations.
BusinessView all jobs at SAFY
Get fresh KIDS Central jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.