SAFY is seeking a Full Time Treatment Director, to serve and lead our SAFY of Charleston, South Carolina division. As the TD, you will be responsible for the treatment and quality of care for the youth in placement and served through programs at a designated division. Provide continuous direction, assistance, and clinical oversight to those supervised. Accountable for the fiscal viability of the division.
Who We Are
At SAFY, our mission is Preserving Families & Securing Futures. For over 35 years, our work has rested on a single, radical idea – children belong in families. We believe that every child and family deserve the opportunity to reach their full potential. We are an extraordinary team of 500 employees in seven states providing services such as Family Preservation & Reunification, Behavioral Health, Therapeutic Foster Care, Adoption Services and Older Youth Services so the families and children we serve can build resilience and thrive.
What You’ll Do
- Directly involved in crisis intervention.
- Collaborate with intake/placement process to ensure transition to SAFY program.
- Meet Divisional/Program quality, business, and clinical annual goals.
- Participate in all rule violation investigations in the division and placement preservation meetings.
- Review and approve certifications and re-certifications for program, such as treatment foster home certifications.
- Provide clinical supervision to clinical staff by adhering to clinical supervision model.
- Responsible to ensure that youth, foster parent and other client files are in compliance at all times. Establish a routine schedule for performing file audits with the appropriate risk assessment staff.
- Ensure continued quality improvement of division.
- In states where applicable, responsible for overseeing divisional compliance for Mental Health Utilization.
- Visit all homes according to SAFY policy and all referral sources annually.
- Prepare reports, as required, in a timely manner.
- Lead, coach and develop a high-performance divisional team. Provide direction to staff in the form of answers to problems and advice with staff performance and youth issues. Establish performance goals for the division and monitor progress.
- Will conduct an on-call rotation monthly with other South Carolina Treatment Directors as a back-up to the staff member on call.
- Interview candidates applying for assigned clinical and non-clinical positions in the division. Responsible for the training of assigned staff, which includes, thorough and complete training for new employees and assuring that the current staff receive appropriate continuing education. Assign and evaluate performance goals, conduct monthly supervision, and perform scheduled evaluations for all direct reports. Establish work schedules and on call rotation among staff to assure coverage of the division.
- Supervise treatment plan development and reviews. Provides supervisory and clinical backup support for the needs of treatment foster parents and staff.
- Fill in for various positions during absence of vacancy of such. This may include providing direct services to foster parent and clinical support to foster youth in the absence of a Case Coordinator and/or Therapist. In addition, may include provision of direct support for licensing, training and compliance needs in the absences of an Licensing Specialist.
- Ensure the daily office responsibilities are maintained in the absence of a Divisional Office Manager.
- Maintain adherence to recruitment goals by assisting foster parent recruiter if necessary.
- Conducts division treatment team meetings.
- Address both the clinical and operational issues within the division
- Set, manage, and achieve the financial budget of division
- Work with Executive Director/Assistant Executive Director and finance department to develop an annual operating budget and work within that budget once approved. Review monthly financial information and make suggestions when necessary.
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to serve the children and families in our care. You’ll be right at home if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, understand the power of diversity, advocate for equity, aspire to lead through inclusion, and push yourself, your work, and the people around you to the next level.
- Master’s degree in the field of social work, counseling, psychology, or other license-eligible related field of human services.
- LISW or LPC Licensure required.
- Three years of experience in the field of social services; one year being in a supervisory/administrative capacity and two years being in providing direct care services
What We Offer
(You will be eligible for various benefits depending on your employment status)
- Targeted hiring range: $56,000.00 - $74,500.00
- Compensation is commensurate with transferrable experience, education, and licensure of candidate, along with internal equity and budgeted amount for the role.
- sign-on bonus of $2,000
- Comprehensive benefit plan options including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and flexible spending account options
- Daily access to your earned wages through Zayzoon
- Performance Bonus Potential
- 401(k) Retirement plan with company match
- 12 paid holidays per year and generous sick & vacation time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption assistance
- Referral bonus program
- Leave donation program
- Professional Development & reimbursement for outside clinical supervision
- Mileage reimbursement
- Company paid cell phone or stipend
SAFY is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. SAFY does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, arrest record, conviction record, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of SAFY, including recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, and administering all personnel actions, such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, or terminations.
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.