Child Care Provider
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SAFY is seeking a PRN (as needed) Child Care Provider for our Las Vegas division in Nevada.
As a Child Care Provider, you will be responsible for the supervision of youth who are in our childcare room during group/training sessions for foster parents and caregivers. Child Care Providers may also be asked to supervise children who are unable to attend school periodically.
Who We Are
At SAFY, our mission is Preserving Families & Securing Futures. For over 35 years, our work has rested on a single, radical idea – children belong in families. We believe that every child and family deserve the opportunity to reach their full potential. We are an extraordinary team of 500 employees in seven states providing services such as Family Preservation & Reunification, Behavioral Health, Therapeutic Foster Care, Adoption Services and Older Youth Services so the families and children we serve can build resilience and thrive.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain a safe play environment.
- Instruct, observe, and monitor children's play activities.
- Transport youth to and from school on occasion.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of SAFY staff by participating in problem identification and resolution.
- Establish and maintain a supportive and positive working relationship with youth, foster parents, referring agencies, and other SAFY stakeholders.
- Attend relevant in-house and external seminars, trainings, conferences, and workshops to develop and enhance knowledge in the designated area as well as achieve relevant education hours per year to enhance professional and job-related skills.
- Submit mileage reports in a timely manner.
- Display sensitivity and responsiveness to the cultural differences of staff, SAFY youth, foster parents, referral sources and the public.
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to serve the children and families in our care. You’ll be right at home if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, understand the power of diversity, advocate for equity, aspire to lead through inclusion, and push yourself, your work, and the people around you to the next level.
- No educational requirement; must be at least 21 years of age.
- Acceptable driving record and auto insurance in order to meet the travel/transportation requirements of this position.
- Ability to work flexible hours daily/weekly to fulfill position duties.
- Flexible work hours are likely to be weekdays and/or evenings.
- Might be given short notice assignments with the ability to decline.
- Reliable phone system for communication.
- Current certification in First Aid, CPR, and de-escalation training.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Resolution skills to demonstrate effective problem-solving.
- Ability to stay calm and patient when interacting with children and adolescents.
- Willingness to learn new intervention strategies and trauma-informed practices.
What We Offer
- $20 per hour
- 401(k) Retirement plan with company match
- Mileage reimbursement
SAFY is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. SAFY does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, arrest record, conviction record, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of SAFY, including recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, and administering all personnel actions, such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, or terminations.
AddressLas Vegas, NV
Personal CareView all jobs at SAFY
Get fresh Child CARE Supervisor jobs daily straight to your inbox!