Director of Development and Communications
SAFER FOUNDATION Chicago, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
The Safer Foundation is a social service provider to individuals with arrest and conviction records. Through a full range of services, including case management, educational instruction and advocacy, we focus on preparing individuals for the world of work by helping them find and keep productive and meaningful employment.
- The Director of Development works closely with the VP, Strategy and Development and directs staff in all development and fundraising endeavors.
- Coordinates cross-functional efforts across the agency in reviewing grant opportunities and preparing applications for government, corporate and private grants
- Oversee grant seeking process including research, proposal writing and reporting requirements
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in grant writing including preparation of letters of inquiry, proposals, research, budgets, reports, ancillary materials, general agency information, editing proposals for errors and inconsistencies and proposal submissions.
- Serve as contract liaison between the agency and state and local government agencies. Working with program and accounting staff to prepare scope of work, budget and other documents for review/approval by General Counsel and submission to the designated government agency, Program, Accounting and Quality departments.
- Plan in-person or virtual site visits for potential funders; Schedule appointments for Leadership Team members, as needed, Program Managers and Development staff with potential funders.
- Assist in researching private and corporate funding prospects.
- Aggressively seek new corporate/foundation funding sources and maintains relationships with current/past donors. Represent Agency in meetings with potential funding sources.
- Work collaboratively with staff members to identify avenues of economic support for programs/projects.
- Maintain ongoing contact with the Agency's staff regarding programs and plans. Examine ways of packaging and marketing these programs to philanthropic supporters.
- Participate in the design and implementation of a comprehensive development program and appropriate marketing strategies
- Supervise and execute Safer’s Season of Giving, an annual internal fundraiser for staff
- Oversee the Annual Holiday Appeal mailing, coordinating efforts with the Marketing/Communications Team and outside vendor (s).
- Oversee Individual Donor mailings, working with Marketing/Communications Team and outside vendor (s)
- Oversee the implementation of GiveLively and perform data entry and gift processing
- Develop print marketing collateral related to fundraising in collaboration with Marketing/Communications Team.
- Monitoring the websites and bulletins to identify new federal, state, county & city funding opportunities.
- Provide government contracts for review/approval by General Counsel and submission to the designated government agency, Program, Accounting and Quality departments.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources
- Experience with proposal writing
- Proven track record with institutional donors
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Excellent computer skills with all Microsoft office programs and Salesforce.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Experience with budget development and monitoring
- Knowledge of the core elements of program development, contracts and agreements
Education and Experience:
- At least 7 -10 years of experience including knowledge of Annual Giving, Capital Campaign, Foundation/Corporate solicitations, Deferred Giving, Communications and Special Events.
Safer Foundation is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Minorities/Females/Veterans
No Phone Calls Please
BusinessView all jobs at SAFER FOUNDATION