Senior Enterprise Cloud Solutions Architect
SADA Phoenix, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
Join SADA as a Senior Enterprise Cloud Solutions Architect!
As a Senior Enterprise Cloud Solutions Architect at SADA, you will work collaboratively with other architects and engineers to design, prototype and head the deployment of scalable Google Cloud Platform (GCP) architectures for enterprise clients. You will work with customers, engineering teams, product teams, Googlers, and sales teams to qualify potential engagements, craft robust architectural proposals, and deliver Statements of Work (SOWs) that engineering teams can successfully execute. You will identify and develop new solutions that customers can take advantage of on Google Cloud. You're also hands-on, able to conduct experiments and build functioning prototypes that prove out ideas and build confidence in the solutions you build and advocate.
Pathway to Success
Your super-power will be in helping enterprise customers understand specifically how Google Cloud technology can fundamentally solve their technical challenges and enable their future success. You will be a trusted advisor to complex customers, helping to guide their teams, from the C-Suite on down, through every stage of the migration journey. You will use your deep understanding of leadership, technology, finance, and operations to instill confidence in each customer as they make a long-term commitment to SADA.
You will demonstrate repeated advanced delivery of enterprise project architectures, including architectures that cannot be delivered by less experienced architects. You will also spearhead early-stage opportunity technical qualification calls, as well as run client-facing technical discussions. You will be way out in front of our delivery organization, meeting with the full spectrum of enterprise customers that need our consultative services. You will have your finger on the pulse of their technical needs and work together to solve their real-world problems on Google Cloud.
You will be measured quarterly by (a) the size of the commitments you enable for our sales organization and (b) the level of customer satisfaction measured at many points throughout the life of the engagement.
Required Travel - 30% travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, travel has been temporarily restricted.
Customer Facing - This is a customer-facing role. You will interact with customers at every business level on a daily basis. You will participate on calls and onsite customer meetings to qualify consultative engagements with engineering and business teams. You will present solutions, architectures, SOWs, demos, and other technical materials to build trust and confidence in SADA's ability to guide the customer through their cloud adoption.
Training - Ongoing and never ending, with first week orientation at HQ followed by a 90 day onboarding schedule. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, travel has been temporarily restricted.
- Google Professional Cloud Architect Certified and/or Google Professional Data Engineer Certified, or able to complete one of the above within the first 45 days of employment.
- Proven ability to head and perform enterprise-scale migrations from an on-premises environment to one or more cloud platforms.
- Migrating n-tiered workloads from on-prem and other clouds to GCP, including any combination of lift and shift to complete re-platforming scenarios.
- Experience running technical design sessions, architecting and documenting technical solutions that are aligned with client business objectives, and identifying gaps between the client's current and desired end states.
- Experience strategizing, designing, architecting and managing the deployment of scalable solutions on GCP.
- Experience as a technical consultant or another customer-facing role.
- Ability to communicate effectively on migration strategy at any business level.
- Steer conversations about application disposition at enterprise-scale, including deep experience in multiple migration methods.
- Ability to communicate across business units and the ability to interface with and communicate complex technical concepts to a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience providing oversight and direction of cloud projects.
- Experience working with engineering and sales teams to clearly identify customer requirements.
- Experience scoping and estimating time commitments needed for complex engineering tasks.
- Time management skills with the ability to manage multiple streams and guide less experienced architects.
- Experience building, designing, and migrating complex cloud architectures across more than one cloud platform: GCP, AWS, Azure, Oracle, or others.
- Building hybrid-cloud solutions based on VM and containerization technologies, such as VMware, OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, and Anthos.
- Data warehouse modernization (including technical architectures, star/snowflake schema designs, infrastructure components, ETL/ELT pipelines and reporting/analytic tools),
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and techniques with a willingness and capability to skill up the team.
- Certifications and experience on other public cloud providers.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Deep understanding of best practices, design patterns, reference and compliance architectures with an uncanny ability to build and recommend these as needed.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends, new technologies and the ability to apply these to customer architectures to drive outcomes.
Values: We built our core values on themes that internally compel us to deliver our best to our partners, our customers and to each other. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to SADA's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Make them rave
- Be data-driven
- Be one step ahead
- Be a change agent
- Do the right thing
Work with the best: SADA has been the largest partner in North America for GCP since 2016 and has been named the 2019 and 2018 Google Cloud Global Partner of the Year. SADA has also been awarded Best Place to Work year after year by the Business Intelligence Group, Inc. Magazine, as well as LA Business Journal!
Benefits: Unlimited PTO, Paid Parental Leave, competitive and attractive compensation, performance-based bonuses, paid holidays, rich medical, dental, vision plans, life, short and long-term disability insurance, 401K/RRSP with match, professional development reimbursement program as well as Google Certified training programs.
Business Performance: SADA has been named to the INC 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies list for 12 years in a row garnering Honoree status. CRN has also named SADA on the Top 500 Global Solutions Providers for the past 5 years. The overall culture continues to evolve with engineering at its core: 3200+ projects completed, 3000+ customers served, 10K+ workloads and 25M+ users migrated to the cloud.
TechnologyView all jobs at SADA