Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer - GCVE Specialization
- Expired: June 06, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer at SADA Specializing in Google Cloud VMware Engine, you will work collaboratively to deliver high-quality infrastructure projects on Google Cloud Platform, with an emphasis on solutions involving Networking, Security, Storage technologies, for our Cloud and hybrid-Cloud customers. You will have an opportunity to work on real-world problems facing our customers in the field. Engagements vary from being purely consultative to requiring heavy hands-on work, and cover a range of domain areas, such as workload migrations from on-premises or other Clouds to GCP, standing up production ready infrastructure on GCP, building hybrid-cloud solutions leveraging infrastructure-as-code automation, and developing fully automated CI/CD pipelines. Moreover, you will be someone who will drive thought leadership, delivering best practice recommendations for internal and external solutions.
Our GCVE Specialist promotes Google's VMWare as a Service offering, accelerating Google Cloud adoption. In this role, you will be mapping existing VMware hosted SDDC architectures to Google Cloud. The ideal candidate will have hands-on knowledge of VMware SDDC routing and switching, application networking, and security.
You possess a diverse background in areas such as architecture design, distributed systems, infrastructure migration, and deployment strategies. To be successful, you must know how to navigate ambiguity, have extensive experience working with datacenter technologies, have technical depth, and enjoy working with customers.
You will be expected to lead projects, end-to-end, and mentor junior fellow Cloud Infrastructure Engineers. You will be recognized as an expert within the team and will build a reputation with Google and customers. You will demonstrate repeated delivery of project architectures and will communicate critical component details to clients as a Subject Matter Expert. You will also participate in early-stage discovery calls, as well as lead client-facing technical discussions for established projects with authority.
Pathway to Success
#MakeThemRave is at the foundation of every project our engineering teams take on. Our singular goal is to provide customers with the best possible experience in migrating, building, modernizing, and operationalizing their systems in Google Cloud Platform.
Your success starts by positively impacting the direction of a dynamic practice with vision and passion. You will be measured quarterly by the breadth, magnitude, and quality of your contributions, your ability to estimate accurately, customer feedback at the close of projects, how well you collaborate with your peers, and the consultative polish you bring to customer interactions.
As you continue to execute successfully, we will build a customized development plan together that leads you through the engineering or management growth tracks.
Required Travel - Approximately 4 weeks of travel annually to customer sites, conferences, and other related events.
Customer Facing - You will interact with customers on a regular basis, sometimes daily, other times weekly/bi-weekly. Common touchpoints occur when qualifying potential opportunities, at project kickoff, throughout the engagement as progress is communicated, and at project close. You can expect to interact with a range of customer stakeholders, including engineers, technical project managers, and executives.
Onboarding/Training - The first several weeks of onboarding are dedicated to learning and will encompass learning materials/assignments and compliance training, as well as meetings with relevant individuals. Details of the timeline are shared closer to the start date.
- Google Cloud Architect Certified or able to complete within the first 45 days of employment.
- Hands-on experience with VMware vSphere, ESXI, vSAN, NSX-T, HCX on Google Cloud Platform or AWS.
- Deliver workshops on GCP / GCVE and incorporate any customer feature requests and service adoption blockers.
- Perform Proof of Concepts as part of technical validations of the GCVE solution.
- VMware infrastructure support such as servers and vSAN storage
- Experience building out future state architecture, migration strategy, resiliency and security plans working with Onprem, Azure, AWS, and Kubernetes-based cloud services.
- Proficiency with Horizon View or Citrix VDIs, VMware Cloud on AWS, Azure VMware Solutions
- Migration experience of customer workloads using HCX, or other migration tools
- Technical knowledge of networking, VPNs, compute infrastructure (servers, databases, firewalls, load balancers, etc); architecting, developing, maintaining production-grade systems in virtualized environments
- Technical knowledge of differences in networking aspects of Clouds and traditional enterprise and legacy architectures.
- Good understanding of Active Directory or LDAP based solutions.
- Good understanding to troubleshoot & debug operational complex issues.
- Good understanding of private and public clouds design considerations and design limitations in the area of virtualization for hosting distributed systems in a public cloud.
- Mentor and coach engineers, champion engineering best practices, tooling, and efficiency.
Useful qualifications and areas of knowledge:
- Minimum one year experience on Google Cloud Platform
- Proficiency with vRealize Automation & vRealize Orchestrator
- VMware Tanzu or PCF experience
- VMware Cloud (VMC) experience
- Google VPC fundamentals, features, and architectures
- Cloud Interconnect (Hybrid Cloud Networking)
- Cloud DNS
- Cloud Load Balancing
- Cloud CDN
- Strong working knowledge of hypervisors like , KVM, Xen, Hyper-V, or other virtualization software
- Experience with cloud products like Aurora, RDS, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Oracle, SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cloud Spanner, Cloud SQL, Dataproc, Memorystore
- Experience in database migration tools such as Database Migration Service, Striim, GoldenGate, Ispirer, migVisor
- Deeper understanding of interpretation of discovery tooling like RVtools, Stratozone or others.
- Experience working with at least one of the following Linux operating systems: RedHat, Ubuntu or Debian.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies plus the ability to apply these to architectural needs
Values: We built our core values on themes that internally compel us to deliver our best to our partners, our customers and to each other. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to SADA's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Make Them Rave
- Be Data Driven
- Think One Step Ahead
- Drive Purposeful Impact
- Do The Right Thing
Work with the best : SADA has been the largest partner in North America for Google Cloud portfolio of products since 2016 and has been named the 2021, 2020, 2019, and 2018 Google Cloud Global Reseller Partner of the Year . SADA has also been awarded Best Place to Work year after year by the Business Intelligence Group, Inc. Magazine , as well as LA Business Journal !
Benefits : Unlimited PTO , Paid Parental Leave, competitive and attractive compensation, performance-based bonuses, paid holidays, rich medical, dental, vision plans, life, short and long-term disability insurance, 401K/RRSP with match, as well as Google Certified training programs.
Business Performance: SADA has been named to the INC 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies list for 15 years in a row garnering Honoree status. CRN has also named SADA on the Top 500 Global Solutions Providers for the past 5 years. The overall culture continues to evolve with engineering at its core:3200+ projects completed, 4000+ customers served, 10K+ workloads and 30M+ users migrated to the cloud.
TechnologyView all jobs at SADA