SRE Engineering Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join SADA as an SRE Engineering Manager!
SADA's SRE team reduces customer anxiety of running production workloads in the cloud by implementing and iteratively improving observability, reliability, and security. You will have the opportunity to engage with our customers in a meaningful way by defining, measuring, and improving key business metrics; eliminating toil through automation; inspecting code, design, implementation, and operational procedures; enabling experimentation by helping create a culture of ownership; increase deployment velocity without compromising safety; and winning customer trust through education, skill sharing, and implementing recommendations. Your efforts will accelerate our customers' cloud adoption journey and we will be with them through the transformation of their applications, infrastructure, and internal processes. You will be part of a new social contract between customers and service providers that demands shared responsibility and accountability: our partnership with our customers will ensure we are working towards a common goal and share a common fate.
This is primarily a customer-facing role. You will also work closely with SADA's Customer Experience team to execute on their recommendations to our customers, and with Professional Services on large projects that require PMO support. The success of the SRE team will be evaluated by our ability to measure the value of modernization.
Pathway to Success
#MakeThemRave is at the foundation of all our engineering. Our motivation is to provide customers with an exceptional experience in migrating, developing, modernizing, and operationalizing their systems in Google Cloud Platform.
Your success starts by positively impacting the direction of a fast-growing practice with vision and passion. You will be measured bi-yearly by the breadth, magnitude, and quality of your contributions, your ability to estimate accurately, customer feedback at the close of projects, how well you collaborate with your peers, and the consultative polish you bring to customer interactions.
As you continue to execute successfully, we will build a customized development plan together that leads you through the engineering or management growth tracks.
Required Travel - 10% travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, travel has been temporarily restricted.
Customer Facing - You will interact with customers on a regular basis, sometimes daily, other times weekly/bi-weekly. Common touchpoints occur when qualifying potential opportunities, at project kickoff, throughout the engagement as progress is communicated, and at project close.
- Building and managing a team of highly motivated engineers with a broad range of talents and skill areas
- Engage, influence, and evangelize SRE practices with development, operational, and product groups to align technology service/solution delivery
- Drive quality accountability within the organization with well-defined processes, metrics, and goals for process quality, including guiding effective postmortems and ensuring actions are followed-up
- Manage availability, latency, scalability and efficiency of customer application development by instilling engineering reliability into the development life cycle with a focus on fault tolerant approaches
- Drive capacity planning, performance analysis, instrumentation and other non-functional systems requirements
- Must be able to define and report progress on strategic initiatives and project-level tasks to all stakeholders including senior executives and use effective communication approaches with each constituency
- Implement metrics driven processes to ensure service quality targets are met
- Expert knowledge in all aspects of designing, developing, and managing large scale production systems
- Project and process management
- Prior successful experience as a systems performance or site/systems reliability engineer
- Mastery of Linux/Unix
- Mastery in a general purpose programming language, e.g. Java, Python, Go
- Mastery of fault tolerant approaches in a large scale distributed environment and high performance systems
- Demonstrated experience working in large, complex systems environments
- Deep understanding of internet and networking protocols
- A passion for performance excellence, robustness and engineering mindset
- MS in Computer Science or related technical field.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- The successful candidate will possess an outstanding record of professional experience and will thrive in an environment that demands accountability. They must possess significant technology management and product development experience. They must also have strong planning, organizational, communication skills, and be a key driver to help the team understand the big picture perspective.
- Proven architect of technology solutions
- Accomplished professional with 5+ years managing regional and global areas
- Have excellent time management, communication, decision-making, presentation, and organizational skills
- Maintain excellent written and verbal communications with clients, employees, and management chain, including status reports, project plans, presentations, etc
- Ability to support personnel across functions and motivate a matrix staff
Values: We built our core values on themes that internally compel us to deliver our best to our partners, our customers and to each other. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to SADA's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Make them rave
- Be data-driven
- Think one step ahead
- Drive purposeful impact
- Do the right thing
Work with the best: SADA has been the largest partner in North America for Google Cloud portfolio of products since 2016 and has been named the 2020, 2019, and 2018 Google Cloud Global Reseller Partner of the Year. SADA has also been awarded Best Place to Work year after year by the Business Intelligence Group, Inc. Magazine, as well as LA Business Journal!
Benefits: Unlimited PTO, Paid Parental Leave, competitive and attractive compensation, performance-based bonuses, paid holidays, rich medical, dental, vision plans, life, short and long-term disability insurance, 401K/RRSP with match, professional development reimbursement program as well as Google Certified training programs.
Business Performance: SADA has been named to the INC 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies list for 15 years in a row garnering Honoree status. CRN has also named SADA on the Top 500 Global Solutions Providers for the past 5 years. The overall culture continues to evolve with engineering at its core: 3200+ projects completed, 4000+ customers served, 10K+ workloads and 30M+ users migrated to the cloud.
SADA is committed to the safety of its employees and recommends that new hires receive a COVID vaccination before beginning work.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at SADA