Join the Atom team at SADA as a Senior Back-End Software Engineer!
Atom, created by Google, SADA, and Collins Engineers, provides an in-depth solution to managing assets, resources, data, and analytics in an easy-to-use application in the asset and maintenance management industry.
Clients ranging from maintenance management, asset management, operations management, inspections, mobile workforce management, and more are leveraging Atom to optimize complex workflows and efficiently track assets and workers in real-time. Atom is saving clients millions of dollars a year in field worker time optimization, maintenance prioritization and planning, as well as risk analysis and forecasting. Learn more at www.goatomapp.com.
As a Senior Back-End Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Contribute code on the back-end codebase on a regular cadence as an individual contributor.
- Contribute to documenting and developing software as well as architecture, code reviews, and technical design/specifications in collaboration with the team.
Pathway to Success
#MakeThemRave is at the foundation of all our engineering. Our motivation is to change the way people think of the asset and maintenance management industry and how they go about fulfilling work.
Your success starts by positively impacting the direction of a fast-growing team within SADA with vision and passion. You will add value by creating quality code on new features that fulfill business requirements as well as by contributing to the maintenance of a back-end codebase that utilizes best practices and modern technology.
As you continue to excel at the above, we will build a customized development plan together that leads you through the engineering or management growth tracks.
Signs of a Great Candidate
Credentials & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent job-related experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience building applications with robust back-end systems.
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal and communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with FE developers, UX Designers and Product Managers.
- Deep understanding of back-end technologies/languages such as Go, Java, or Node, etc.
- Experience with MongoDB and other NoSQL databases (Bigtable, Redis, HBase, etc.) and SQL databases (PostgreSQL or MySQL) and understand when to use each
- Hands on experience maintaining and instrumenting CI/CD pipelines leveraging tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis, etc.
- Experience testing your code via unit, integration, and/or functional tests.
- Familiar with microservice oriented architectures, associated deployment technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc) and the pitfalls of distributed systems.
- Have experience building services that leverage cloud-based infrastructure and tooling such as AWS or GCP
- Aptitude and desire to learn new technologies and techniques.
- Understanding and appreciation for best practices and design patterns as well as an ability to build and recommend these as needed on the back-end.
- Experience working with geospatial data and concepts such as ESRI/ArcGIS, Google Maps, etc.
- Experience with performance and optimization analysis and an ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems on the back-end.
Values: We built our core values on themes that internally compel us to deliver our best to our partners, our customers and to each other. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to SADA's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Make them rave
- Be data-driven
- Be one step ahead
- Be a change agent
- Do the right thing
Work with the best: SADA has been the largest partner in North America for GCP since 2016 and has been named the 2019 and 2018 Google Cloud Global Partner of the Year. SADA has also been awarded Best Place to Work by Inc. as well as LA Business Journal!
Benefits: Unlimited PTO, Paid Parental Leave, competitive and attractive compensation, performance-based bonuses, paid holidays, rich medical, dental, vision plans, life, short and long-term disability insurance, 401K with match, professional development reimbursement program as well as Google Certified training programs.
Business Performance: SADA has been named to the INC 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies list for 12 years in a row garnering Honoree status. CRN has also named SADA on the Top 500 Global Solutions Providers for the past 5 years. The overall culture continues to evolve with engineering at its core: 3200+ projects completed, 3000+ customers served, 10K+ workloads and 25M+ users migrated to the cloud.