Join SADA as a Regional Cloud Engineering Manager!
As a Regional Cloud Engineering Manager, you will manage a team of Cloud Engineers and work collaboratively with other architects and engineers to design, prototype and lead the deployment of scalable Google Cloud Platform (GCP) architectures. You will work with engineering teams, customers and sales teams to qualify potential engagements, craft robust architectural proposals, and help craft Statements of Work (SOWs) that engineering teams can successfully execute. You're also hands-on, able to conduct experiments and build functioning prototypes that prove out ideas and build confidence in the solutions you advocate.
You will be a recognized expert within SADA and will develop a reputation with customers as well as the Google Cloud sales and professional services organizations for the quality of your work. You will also lead early-stage opportunity technical qualification calls, as well as lead client-facing technical discussions. You'll enable your team to unblock clients from adopting GCP in accordance with best practices, ensuring client satisfaction via technical excellence.
You will also be the face of SADA sales engineering for the region. This means building relationships with our clients, engineers, sellers, and partners to ensure a proactive approach to serving their needs. You'll be expected to provide guidance to each of these groups as well as to present strategies and overviews to our internal audience. You'll be the senior most technical resource during the sales process for our most important clients and will be expected to present complex technical solutions to our clients' business stakeholders.
In addition, you'll be presenting the work you and your team accomplish via case studies, webinars, speaking roles at conferences, etc.
Pathway to Success
#BeAChangeAgent: You are a rainmaker! You are way out in front of our delivery organization, meeting with the spectrum of corporate and enterprise customers that need our consultative services. You have your finger on the pulse of their technical needs and take pride in helping them solve their real-world problems on GCP.
You will be measured quarterly by a combination of (a) the volume of GCP revenue your team generates and (b) the satisfaction of our clients and sales teams.
Required Travel - 30% travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, travel has been temporarily restricted.
Customer Facing - You will interact with customers on a regular basis, sometimes daily, other times weekly/bi-weekly. Common touchpoints occur when qualifying potential opportunities, at project kickoff, throughout the engagement as progress is communicated, and at project close. You can expect to interact with a range of customer stakeholders, including engineers, technical project managers, and executives
Training - Ongoing with first-week orientation at HQ followed by a 90-day onboarding schedule. Details of the timeline can be shared.
- Google Professional Cloud Architect Certified and/or Google Professional Data Engineer Certified, or able to complete one of the above within the first 45 days of employment.
- Mastery in at least one of the following domain areas as well as general expertise across all:
- Infrastructure Modernization: migrating n-tiered workloads from on-prem and other clouds to GCP with near-zero-downtime (includes full spectrum of lift and shift to complete re-platforming scenarios), or building hybrid-cloud solutions based on Anthos and containerization technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Istio
- Application Development: building custom web and mobile applications on top of the GCP stack
- Data Engineering: data warehouse modernization (including technical architectures, star/snowflake schema designs, infrastructure components, ETL/ELT pipelines and reporting/analytic tools), OLTP/OLAP data migrations, or backup, restore and disaster recovery solutions.
- Experience providing oversight and direction of cloud projects
- Experience leading technical design sessions, architecting and documenting technical solutions that are aligned with client business objectives, and identifying gaps between the client's current and desired end states
- Experience strategizing, designing, architecting and leading the deployment of scalable solutions on GCP
- Experience across multiple cloud platforms: GCP, AWS, Azure
- Experience with container engines: Kubernetes, Docker, AWS Elastic Container Service
- Experience with automation technologies including Terraform, Google Cloud Deployment Manager, AWS Cloud Formation or Microsoft Azure Automation
- Experience working with engineering and sales teams to elicit customer requirements
- Ability to communicate across business units and the ability to interface with and communicate complex technical concepts to a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Time management skills with the ability to manage multiple streams and lead less experienced architects
- Experience as a technical consultant or another customer-facing technical role
- Experience managing teams of engineers
- Hands-on experience designing and recommending elegant solutions that drive business outcomes
- Experience building, designing and migrating complex cloud architectures
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and techniques with a willingness and capability to skill up the team
- A constant desire to learn
- Ability to lead an in-depth client meeting/workshop across a broad range of topics including discovery, cloud compliance, and security
- Deep understanding of best practices, design patterns, reference and compliance architectures with an uncanny ability to build and recommend these as needed
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends, new technologies and the ability to apply these to customer architectures to drive outcomes
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as leading a team to success.
- Make them rave
- Be data driven
- Be one step ahead
- Be a change agent
- Do the right thing