Role and Essential Functions:
The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Lead will be responsible for partnering with operations team in order to execute company EHS policies and ensure compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations. By leveraging lean principles and Kaizen events, this individual will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our associates. The EHS Lead must demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with all employees and influence change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis. The EHS Lead will be required to identify best practices and incorporate these best practices into our standards to continuously improve company safety policies. Other associated responsibilities include:
- Conduct weekly facility inspections to ensure compliance with all EHS/Regulatory external requirements and internal programs
- Maintain compliance with waste management recording, reporting and disposal requirements
- Prepare and submit external regulatory reports quarterly, semi-annually, annually and as required.
- Create (or improve) and conduct training to employees on OSHA-required topics. Training may be performed in a group setting.
- Maintain and purchase safety supply inventories and continuously recommend improvements to strengthen Company safety programs
- Act as “Subject Matter Expert” for Safe Work Permit/Lock Out Tag Out programs. Provide support for permit writing and atmosphere monitoring during maintenance activities
- Act as Lead Investigator for Incident/Near Miss investigations. Take immediate action as required to minimize impact and return the system to normal operating conditions.
- Plan, lead and document facility emergency drills. Solicit feedback and apply improvements to the program.
- Analyze safety metrics and review incident weekly and monthly incident trends to discover trends to justify the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the safety risk is highest.
- Lead the plant EHS Safety Team to develop improved communications and safety programs
- Maintain the plant EHS regulatory and training calendar keeping current on employee training
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the OSHA 300 log
- Responsible for timely completion of all environmental, health and safety incident reports
- Maintain all health and safety records (training, testing, etc) in compliance with the corporate policy on record retention
- Responsible for the maintenance and accessibility of SDSs for all materials present at the site
- Authors SDSs and for the Company’s finished goods
- Responsible for plant regulatory system improvement through participation in activities of local safety councils, trade associations, and regulatory /legislative contacts
- Workers compensation claims management and disability management
- Responsible for developing site-specific safety and health written programs
- Ensure site leadership and associates are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required safety training.
- Review for effectiveness the deployed safety tools and revise to ensure continual improvement.
- Audit the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent.
- Responsible for responding at all times (24 hours) to major events. Major events may include a spill, truck accident, etc.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited institution.
· Minimum 2 years of experience in EHS function.
- Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to adapt message based on audience.
· Demonstrated team leadership skills - leader of significant technical projects or investigations and management of multiple program tasks to schedule and budget.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Certified Safety Professional preferred
· Must be a self-starter and have proven abilities with project planning and management.
· IT skills in SAP, Excel, Word, Access, Power Point and Project Management.
· Experience with time management and multitasking
· Exhibit sense of ownership and accountability
· Strong attention to detail
Saati Americas is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified employees with disabilities. The Company offers reasonable accommodation(s) to qualified employees with disabilities where doing so is medically necessary, feasible, will enable the employee to perform all of his or her essential job functions, and will not pose an undue hardship to our operations.