At SA Photonics, we specialize in the design, development and manufacturing of complex, state-of-the-art communications, vision and mechanical systems for military, space and commercial applications.
We are currently looking for a full-time Contracts Manager to join our growing organization, duties include:
- Responsible for implementation of SA Photonics contract/subcontract activities
- Lead closure of contract actions with technical personnel
- Support proposal preparation
- Prepare cost proposals and cost/business volume material
- Negotiate contract/sales pricing, terms and conditions with customers.
- Establish teaming/cooperative agreements with potential business partners and universities.
- Settle disputes regarding contract interpretation, conditions or compliance with legal requirements
- Ensure currency with new laws and proposed legislation, interpreting the potential impact on current and future contracts
- Prepare, negotiate and administer subcontracts
- Monitor contract performance for compliance with applicable laws, delivery schedules, payment provisions, funding increases, time extensions, and other contractual requirements
- Ensure that intellectual property is protected with execution of Non-Disclosure Agreements, data rights markings, necessary invention disclosures, and patent filing schedule to maintain maximum patent rights.
- Assist with government audits and property administration
- Establish and maintain contracting policies and procedures as required
Desired skills and qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar position
- Strong experience negotiating contracts with DoD agencies as well as with DoD Prime Contractors
- Knowledge of US Government Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) including those specific to the Department of Defense
- US Government Security Clearance a plus but not required
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Detail-oriented and organized self-starter
- Problem-solving and analytical nature
- Be able to juggle multiple priorities, and manage time effectively
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well in fast-paced team environment.
- Commitment to professionalism and collaborative interactions
SA Photonics is headquartered in Los Gatos, CA, which offers an easy reverse commute accessing HWY 85 and HWY 17. SA Photonics provides competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefit package and matching 401k.
Due to the nature of much of the work we do, this position is restricted to U.S. Citizens or permanent residents only.