- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under general supervision from the Business Unit Manager, assumes responsibility for day-to-day program management of all activities and functions for a designated program team including developing, implementing and evaluating program policies, procedures and standards; determining program service levels and enhancements; providing technical advice to staff, other departments, and performs related work as required.
NATURE OF ASSIGNMENTS / DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish program timing, cost tracking from SHOC hand off by working with New Business Manager and Engineering team.
- Monitors and directs or performs day-to-day operations such as:
- Monitoring and staying current with technological, financial, environmental, legal, and operational changes that affect the activities and APQP processes of the program
- Assists and communicates (written) Capacity Planning requirements and studies from Customer requests and New Program Request for Quotes
- Implements Escalation of Corrective Actions required, as necessary, for programs developing high-risk issues and concerns
- Developing and directing the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards where applicable for the assigned program
- Interpreting and confirming compliance with all applicable customer specific requirements including the environmental requirements of the affected program
- Conducting post-award change management reviews (ECN) with stakeholder team and maintaining life-cycle management of change documentation
- Recommending and developing and carrying out improvements to the program to meet changing mission parameters and requirements
- Developing systems and maintaining records that provide for the proper evaluation, control and documentation of assigned activities
- Assistance in developing new program function elements, including researching, compiling and analyzing supporting data
- Representation of both program and the department in both internal and Customer meetings
- Reviewing (i.e., monthly check for customer specific requirements) and evaluating program and service delivery
- Promotes collaborative working relationships to the benefit of the program and the department
- Preparing a variety of written correspondence, reports, procedures, directives and other materials
- Assist in programs to ensure that policies and procedures are being followed
- Services and projects are being accomplished efficiently and effectively
- Prioritizing and allocating available program resources
- Goals and Objectives are met
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
- Bachelor’s degree with engineering / science major and 6 years experience or MBA + 3 years with work experience working with OEMs (GM, FCA, Ford, Nissan…)
- PMP desirable but not required
- Principles and practices of management
- Computer applications related to the work
- Techniques for effectively representing the company, including making effective presentations and dealing with a variety of individuals in person and over the telephone
- Managing multiple tasks, often with competing deadlines;
- Providing leadership and motivating cross functional teams
- Making effective presentations to individuals and groups;
- Preparing clear, concise and informative reports, correspondence and other written materials;
- Handling difficult and sensitive situations, using sound, independent judgment within general policy and legal guidelines;
- Communicates effectively with co-workers, superiors, customers and others sufficient to exchange or convey information.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to lift and move objects up to 20 pounds. Must be able to hear, talk, walk, stand, bend and sit, use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls an office and production environment. Must be able to travel for training & customer visits both locally and out of state. Must be able to distinguish color.
Benefits: SA Automotive offers a comprehensive benefits package to include; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and STD along with a generous 401(k) retirement plan. Employees are also eligible for health benefits on the first day of the month following sixty (60) days of regular employment. In addition to the above benefits, as a full-time employee SA Automotive offers paid time off.
Review of Application: After submission, the application will be reviewed to determine if it is complete and if the qualifications are met. It is essential that applications include detailed information regarding education and experience to enable evaluation of the application. Only the most qualified applicants will be considered for an interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request
Our facilities are registered to ISO 9001:2015/IATF 16949:2016, ISO 14001:2015 as well as Q1 with Ford Motor Company.
With over 30 years of experience in the automotive industry, SA Automotive’s team of experts will partner with you to provide the most practical and technical solution possible. Being a full service supplier, we manage every step of the design and development which include but not limited to conceptualization, FEA analysis, technology development, testing validation, prototype and production tool development to meet our customers' expectations.
6645 Echo AveReno, NV
Get fresh Business UNIT Leader jobs daily straight to your inbox!