Level 2 Technical Support
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Engage with a team of skilled staff to troubleshoot, problem-solve, and accomplish tasks in a diverse environment. With us, you can enjoy working with different clients to learn new skills in various disciplines and innovate new processes as we aim to grow in the local IT industry.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all team members are expected to conform to the following:
- Work independently performing quality work within deadlines while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other team members and service providers
- Have advanced computer skills, maintain the technical proficiency necessary to complete their duties, and have excellent written and verbal communication abilities, with attention to detail
- Is organized and able to work with multiple deadlines managing a variety of projects with diverse constituencies and environments, effectively managing time and resources
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with the owner, managers, team members, clients, service providers, other agencies, and the general public
- Adhere to professional and ethical behavior
The Services Consultant 2 position performs at the professional level to support the day-to-day responsibilities of S3 clients and delivery of IT support and training to clients. Services Consultant 2 responds to requests from internal users and clients with regard to technology issues and applies knowledge and expertise to resolve issues or respond to requests.
- Understands client needs and expectations for system function.
- Proficient in security, general and industry-specific Information Technology best practices.
- Provides assistance to the Services Manager.
- Collaborate with team members and third-party vendors to select appropriate design solutions or to ensure compatibility of various components.
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, network, and other computer-related technologies.
- Monitors the S3 Service Desk system for tickets and responds to submitted client requests.
- Possesses an understanding of the integrating, testing, evaluating and modifying of systems.
- Understanding end-user device (notebooks, workstations, tablets, and smartphones) operation and troubleshooting.
- Installs, upgrades, and configures system components and associated services.
- Performs general system troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems.
- Performs general network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
· Performs any other tasks and duties requested.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems and applications.
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft 365 platform and other email platforms.
- Proficient knowledge of Dell and Lenovo workstations and notebooks.
- Knowledge of other manufacturer products.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to plan and execute basic and complex projects and/or tasks.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, and to speak effectively before groups of clients and/or team members.
- Strong mathematical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to apply excellent client service skills with diplomacy and patience.
- Information Technology documentation and design skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree; 1-3 years of experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Willing and able to work evenings or weekend for network maintenance, software updates installations, and on-call as needed.
- Physical demands: the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by staff to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the staff is required to frequently stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, talk, and hear. There are prolonged periods of sitting, keyboarding, reading, as well as driving or riding in transport vehicles. The staff must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include reading, distance, computer, and color vision.
- Work environment: the work environment characteristics described here are representative of those staff encounters while performing the primary functions of this job. Normal office conditions exist, and the noise level in the work environment can vary from low, to moderate, to high.
- Mental Demands: there are a number of deadlines associated with this position. The staff must also multi-task and interact with a wide variety of people on various issues.
- Limited overnight travel may be required from time to time.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- 8 hour shift
- On call
Work Location: One location
6721 Academy Rd NEAlbuquerque, NM
TechnologyView all jobs at S3 Technologies